Home

General questions about NCAA08

This is a discussion on General questions about NCAA08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
General questions about NCAA08

Ciao a tutti--

As I've been playing I've had some questions. Now that I've got a bunch of them, I thought I'd ask them now.

1. While recruiting, what determines how quickly the clock counts down while talking to a prospect? I've noticed sometimes it'll go down 1-3minutes per tick, other times it's over 10 minuters per tick? It looks like some tasks take longer (IE. selling a pitch vs. finding a pitch) but I mean for the same tasks. IE. prospect1 will have 3 minutes/tick for selling a pitch while prospect2 will have 10minutes/tick. Does location matter (near to school vs other side of country or pipeline vs. no pipeline)? Does it matter how interested he is (I've seen 2 players that are most interested in my elite pitch tick at drastically different speeds)?

2. What's the purpose of pipeline states? Does it change the speed at which I can sell pitches? Does it make more people from that state interested in my school for starters? Something else?

3. Is there a way to change who gets the tackles while supersimming defense? After 5 seasons I've decided to supersim defense. I've played around with quarter length to get a realistic # of tackles, but the wrong guys are getting them. When I supersim, my DT leads in tackles most nights. After testing by supersimming an entire season (off. and def.) 4 of my top 5 tacklers were my starting D-Line. My leading tacklers SHOULD be my LBs, then prolly my safeties, then spread among my CBs and DL. Does anyone know how to fix this? I think the problem is the CPU calls MUCH more running plays when I supersim than when I play D. Most of the time, however, the total distribution isn't bad. They'll have more runs than passes, but not an inordinate amount more.

4. Does being a captain have any impact in the game? Does being a captain raise the player's attributes, or even better, does it make the players around him better?

5. What are the effects in game of being an impact player? Does it raise the player's attributes? Make it easier for him to gain momentum? Are impact players the only ones that can give motivational boosts (and maybe captains too)?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: General questions about NCAA08

1. i noticed the same thing, it might be location and interest together but i havent heard any details of how it works yet.

2. pipeline states will usually have more recruits from that state have interest in you.

3. this seems to be a common thing for people who supersim their D. i really dont use it much but as far as i know there is not a way to change it.

4. not sure what effects the captain has i dont think it raises any attributes
though. he may help toward motivation on the team if he gets hot during the game.

5. Impacts player are the only one i have seen to give motivation boost. dont think it is easier to gain motivation, he just has an effect on his team mates as well as himself. never notice any attribute increase just for being impact player.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Ciao a tutti--

As I've been playing I've had some questions. Now that I've got a bunch of them, I thought I'd ask them now.

1. While recruiting, what determines how quickly the clock counts down while talking to a prospect? I've noticed sometimes it'll go down 1-3minutes per tick, other times it's over 10 minuters per tick? It looks like some tasks take longer (IE. selling a pitch vs. finding a pitch) but I mean for the same tasks. IE. prospect1 will have 3 minutes/tick for selling a pitch while prospect2 will have 10minutes/tick. Does location matter (near to school vs other side of country or pipeline vs. no pipeline)? Does it matter how interested he is (I've seen 2 players that are most interested in my elite pitch tick at drastically different speeds)?

2. What's the purpose of pipeline states? Does it change the speed at which I can sell pitches? Does it make more people from that state interested in my school for starters? Something else?

3. Is there a way to change who gets the tackles while supersimming defense? After 5 seasons I've decided to supersim defense. I've played around with quarter length to get a realistic # of tackles, but the wrong guys are getting them. When I supersim, my DT leads in tackles most nights. After testing by supersimming an entire season (off. and def.) 4 of my top 5 tacklers were my starting D-Line. My leading tacklers SHOULD be my LBs, then prolly my safeties, then spread among my CBs and DL. Does anyone know how to fix this? I think the problem is the CPU calls MUCH more running plays when I supersim than when I play D. Most of the time, however, the total distribution isn't bad. They'll have more runs than passes, but not an inordinate amount more.

4. Does being a captain have any impact in the game? Does being a captain raise the player's attributes, or even better, does it make the players around him better?

5. What are the effects in game of being an impact player? Does it raise the player's attributes? Make it easier for him to gain momentum? Are impact players the only ones that can give motivational boosts (and maybe captains too)?
1. Good question, but I'm not sure on this one.

2. Recruiting from pipeline states makes it more likely to get the players. I forget the number but once you have a certain number of players from a specific state it's considered a pipeline state.

3. I play both sides so I have no idea, although I'd say there is no way to control anything during sim.

4. I think it's just a symbol, no actual effect on gameplay.

5. IMO impact players have the best chance of making a big play, etc. Not sure if their the only players that receive boosts?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

I have another question:

6. Can bad visits reduce a recruit's interest in your school? Presumably, a recruit's interest will go up more if they rate their visit as an A+ than if they rated it as a B. What if you only could invite them during a Bye week or if you got spanked and they rated you a D+. Does this mean that their interest only went up very slightly (I can't tell without a numerical figure attached to the interest meter) or do they actually lose interest?

Here's why I ask. I usually only give attention to the top 10 recruits on my list. As they start signing towards the end of the season, I start showing attention to other guys I've neglected. Often there's recruits in the last week that I've never invited for a visit, but I only have a Bye week then. Would I help myself very slightly by inviting them (knowing that I'll do an in-home visit in the offseason) or would I actually hurt myself since I think I get D+ ratings during bye weeks?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

You can have a "motivation boost" with players other than impact players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
You can have a "motivation boost" with players other than impact players.
Are you certain of this? I've never seen it happen before, but I've seen something close. I've seen a motivation boost when a non-impact WR scored a TD, but the boost wasn't from him. It was because my impact QB was on fire when he threw the TD pass.

Are you sure that the motivation boosts you're talking about weren't really from your QB instead?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Are you certain of this? I've never seen it happen before, but I've seen something close. I've seen a motivation boost when a non-impact WR scored a TD, but the boost wasn't from him. It was because my impact QB was on fire when he threw the TD pass.

Are you sure that the motivation boosts you're talking about weren't really from your QB instead?
I think you're right. I didn't even think about the QB. I'm an idiot.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #8
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Yes the boost can come from people other than impact players. I did it the other day with a non-impact freshman tailback. It takes longer for it to happen from a non-impact player, but it can happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »