Home

Succesful Jump

This is a discussion on Succesful Jump within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Succesful Jump

Anybody else getting killed by the CPU succesful jumps?

I'm playing a game now and the CPU keeps jumpin the snap.

So I figured I would snap it differently each time on this drive.
1st down I snapped it under 5secs with a couple fake snaps. CPU Successful Jump
2nd down I snapped it really quick. CPU Successful Jump
3rd down I snap the ball with 15secs on the play clock and 1 fake snap. CPU Successful Jump.

I completed the pass for a TD on 3rd down, but still, they jump the snap perfect atleast 70% of my snaps.

Anybody else noticing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Succesful Jump

The one feature I absolutely hate. Sometimes the computer will do it 2 or 3 plays in a row, so I fake the snap and then my guy jumps offsides. It's ridiculous. Nothing is worse than a 70 rated DT flying past your stud OL and hitting the QB before he can even hand it off. Stupid feature. There...I think that sums it up for me.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

yea, i really hate the jump the snap feature last. the CPU abuses it, and if i try to use it it doesnt do anything but put the successful jump graphic on the bar, i never get in the backfield like the CPU does. sometime my QB gets tackles before he can even hand it off, usually about 4-5 times a game that happens. i hope its gone next year or at the very least have an option to turn it off.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
The one feature I absolutely hate. Sometimes the computer will do it 2 or 3 plays in a row, so I fake the snap and then my guy jumps offsides.
I can't stand it when my center is called for the penalty. Stupid! Like he wouldn't snap the ball if he thought that was the snap count. Instead he just fires off the line leaving the ball on the ground.

I've never had the CPU get 3 perfect jumps in a row though. When I get to the line I motion and then fake once and then very quickly snap the ball. If the cpu jumped the fake, then they are offside when I snap it.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

JTS is atrocious. Tecmo SuperBowl implemented it pretty well, but that was 1991.

JTS is one of those features that might be good in head to head play....2 Humans trying to out guess each other. But I don't want to play guessing games with the CPU that can successfully jump anytime it desires because it has nano-second reaction times. And I hate the amount of time I have to waste faking the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
JTS is atrocious. Tecmo SuperBowl implemented it pretty well, but that was 1991.

JTS is one of those features that might be good in head to head play....2 Humans trying to out guess each other. But I don't want to play guessing games with the CPU that can successfully jump anytime it desires because it has nano-second reaction times. And I hate the amount of time I have to waste faking the snap.
What I hate even more is the amount of yards that I lose due to false starts. My guys false start a lot more often than I catch the defense offsides, so I only fake snap when the JTS by the CPU gets to be too much.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
What I hate even more is the amount of yards that I lose due to false starts. My guys false start a lot more often than I catch the defense offsides, so I only fake snap when the JTS by the CPU gets to be too much.
I will probably get pummelled by the hardcore sim crowd here, but I turn down false starts to 0. Infact I turn down most of the penalties that have to do with my CPU teammates. I make enough mistakes on my own to lose, I don't need the CPU to help out by deciding to have my lineman hold at the most inconvenient times.

I do draw the CPU into an encroachment penalty an average of once a game.....but the CPU blows up several of my plays by jumping the snap (often tackling my QB before he can hand off to the RB), so I don't feel guilty about that one.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

On AA I find the cpu isn't too bad at abusing jump the snap. I vary my snap counts and use the hard counts to keep them honest although I'd rather not have to worry about that all the time. Some players are more aggressive and I've gotten 5 offside penalties against one player before. They need to let us turn it off if we want but I don't mind it this year. It was far worse on the PS2 last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »