Home

I can't believe it!

This is a discussion on I can't believe it! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I can't believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
No thats a bunch of bull. You play the game realistic no matter what, I dont care if sucks all the fun out of the game for you. Its not about fun, its about realism. Reality sucks, so if the game doesnt suck it isnt realistic.
I think it's safe to say, that a vast majority of the people on these boards have fun when the games are realist. Obviously everyone could play on "rookie" (or whatever the easiest difficulty level is) and win every game by huge margins, but most of us would not have fun doing that.

Obviously we all play the game for fun. It's simply that to the vast majority of us, playing as Western Michigan and completely blowing out everyone and going undefeated, and breaking all records would not be fun.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNextPhenom25
I am 11-0 in my dynasty with Western Michigan. All my games have been blowouts with my highest scoring game 61-3. I am using Jistic's latest sliders.
My sophomore QB has thrown for almost 3,000 yards, and I am #1 in PPG and turnovers ( not surprised about that one ). But my games against West Virginia and Iowa were nailbitters. I was losing in both games at some point and came back to win in both games. Against good ranked teams, my WMU team is put to the test. Should I have gone 11-0, or should the games have been closer, or is this normal?
Personally, I would choose different sliders. I like playing fun games and winning, but I also like realism. If I were using Western Michigan in a dynasty, I would expect possibly an 8-3 or 7-4 record anything above that, I would probably consider some harder sliders.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Well the reason for sports is the competitive nature in all of us. Part of the fun is the thrill of competition. That is the reason sports are so popular. It is our modern day gladiators that battle. We are interested because it is human nature to wanna see someone get their butt whipped.

We as gamers find it fun to replicate the same thing. Winning over and over again will not bring the feeling of competition. Which in turn is the reason almost EVERYONE plays on a higher difficulty that can give them this competition.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think it's safe to say, that a vast majority of the people on these boards have fun when the games are realist.
OS is great because it is so intersting to see what different people want out of the game.

I am definately not as hard core sim as some folks here. I usually reduce the penalty sliders and only play 6 minute quarters etc. But I do like results to be fairly realistic. I wouldn't want to win the NC with a poor team...infact my last undefeated season with any team was back on NCAA 2003.

But then I see people here that have much more sim-style settings in game than I do, but they have no issue taking a team like Middle Tennessee St and in 3 seasons turning them into the National Champion and then go on a 50 game winning steak. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, it is just interesting.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
OS is great because it is so intersting to see what different people want out of the game.

I am definately not as hard core sim as some folks here. I usually reduce the penalty sliders and only play 6 minute quarters etc. But I do like results to be fairly realistic. I wouldn't want to win the NC with a poor team...infact my last undefeated season with any team was back on NCAA 2003.

But then I see people here that have much more sim-style settings in game than I do, but they have no issue taking a team like Middle Tennessee St and in 3 seasons turning them into the National Champion and then go on a 50 game winning steak. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, it is just interesting.
I couldn't tell you the last undefeated season I've had on one of these games. I'm using Florida International and in year 3 of my dynasty, I'm 4-2 with losses to Florida State (45-17) and Kansas St. (31-21). I simmed the first season and in year 2, I went 6-6, which was fine with me considering the team I was using.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I couldn't tell you the last undefeated season I've had on one of these games. I'm using Florida International and in year 3 of my dynasty, I'm 4-2 with losses to Florida State (45-17) and Kansas St. (31-21). I simmed the first season and in year 2, I went 6-6, which was fine with me considering the team I was using.
That is one thing I have always liked about NCAA. I don't get into dynasty mode, but the game still has tons of replayability for me. I will take a team like Oklahoma, and playout a season in the hunt for the NC. Then after that, I might play with a sunbelt team with entirely different aspirations......Like finishing above .500.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4

I think I might search for some more challenging sliders. I like to have fun, but blowing out teams 60-0 is not really what I want to do. The games against Iowa and West Virginia were more fun than any of the other game I played this season. Argh, I thought I was done with the slider hunt...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #16
stewaat

OVR:

If you're playing PERFECT games and having PERFECT defensive stands and making PERFECT reads on every play you will win.

I like my game to be challenging where having PERFECT offensive or defensive drives is tough. If I go undefeated and win the NC I want to feel as though I've earned it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »