Home

Complete Overhaul

This is a discussion on Complete Overhaul within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #9
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Complete Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34
i personally think the gameplay needs much more work from ea than the making sure what percentage of players are wearing gloves or visors

people can edit the gloves & visors, but rubberband ai & 80" verticals can't be editted by us on the game
I wasn't suggesting that EA concentrate on what percentage of players have gloves on. I was just asking if anyone else did this.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't edit people already on my teams, but for every recruiting class I edit all of my incoming freshmen. That way I only have to deal with a dwindling number of people with bad equipment for the first 4 years, then I'm GTG. I usually make sure all skill players (sans QBs) wear gloves, give all my lineman mid-high shoes, all QBs have QB wristbands and noone else (a lot of LBs have QB wristbands) give all little guys back plates, all pocket passing QBs a flak jacket. I vary the sleeves and armwear, but absolutely no elbow pads for anyone and no taped fingers for anyone (I really don't like how they look).

I also make sure that I like the numbers given. I save certain numbers by position for my incoming studs. Mediocre guys get mediocre numbers.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

the only time i really edit the player would be to change player's # around. the equipment doesn't matter a whole lot to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #12
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I haven't changed schools yet but, yes, I would edit all the players if I did. Gloves are one thing, but the sleeves are another: ever since someone pointed out that the majority of players wear 'tight' sleeves, the regular sleeves just look stupid to me. Since the game gives virtually every player the regular sleeves, I have to change all of them.

That part sucks.

But editing players more generally is actually really cool in terms of getting to know your players. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but what I tend to do is mold guys' looks based on their ratings. Studs get cool gear, an atypical number, and just overall badassedness to their appearance; average players get a more average look and prototypical number; and scrubs I'll usually give a number I don't like and a generic look. Helps tremendously with immersion.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Once I awhile I'll mess with the numbers, if I switch positions or what not but I could really care less about the equipment. It seems like I always hate the players in RL who need all kinds of pads, wrist bands, bracers and stuff like that.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
But editing players more generally is actually really cool in terms of getting to know your players. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but what I tend to do is mold guys' looks based on their ratings. Studs get cool gear, an atypical number, and just overall badassedness to their appearance; average players get a more average look and prototypical number; and scrubs I'll usually give a number I don't like and a generic look. Helps tremendously with immersion.
Thats exactly what I mean.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
Pro

I do from time to time if I think a guy looks odd with all that stuff on, otherwise not really.I wish they had knee braces though since most OL wear those now. Although I will chage a guys name/appearance from time to time.. You'll get that kid who's name is Kareem Mohammed, but he's a 6'5" white kid with blonde hair & blue eyes, now that'll get me to change either his name or appearance...If I like the name I'll change appearance, if I don't he gets a name change right there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

ur pathetic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »