Home

NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: Part one: Pasta Padre

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: Part one: Pasta Padre within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: Part one: Pasta Padre

This is Peter Moore's accesibilty plan Phase 1. Big plays, High scores, Pick Six's.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 04-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #58
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

How depressing. Man, I was really looking forward to playing a new NCAA game. I am getting tired of playing NCAA 06 on my PS2, and from the sounds of it, I'll be playing it again. From what you all are saying... I cannot believe they did not fix the pick 6 issue in this game. That is a GAME KILLER for me. And to top it off, now the bad pursuit angles have made the jump to the PS3/360 versions.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #59
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
This is Peter Moore's accesibilty plan Phase 1. Big plays, High scores, Pick Six's.
Well, we all know that if he can't figure a game out in minutes... it is all over.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #60
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Ugh, ugh..double ugh!

I should have known that EA's idea of "wide open gameplay" is ZERO defense and an obnoxiously overdone big play aspect.

Oh how I long for someone to make a TRUE football sim, without having to worry if 8 year old Timmy can put up offensive numbers that would make Steve Spurrier envious.
We go through this every year. People read first impressions on any sports games and people jump the gun and scream the sky is falling. Correct me if im wrong but PP and CDJ were playing on all american and didnt tweak sliders.

Also, the game is supposed to be easy, high scoring and fun on default settings. Why? Because most people arent as sim crazy and nitpicky as us. They want to be able to drop back, throw the ball deep and score with ease. Sliders are supposed to help you make the game more difficult and realistic. NBA 2k8 is one of my favorite games but its a dunkfest w/o slider tweaks. Once you change the sliders its more realistic.

Now I'm not saying that sliders will automatically fix these percieved issues but can we at least wait to play the game before we start the bashing.People on this site are too quick to bash or praise this game its ridiculous.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #61
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We go through this every year. People read first impressions on any sports games and people jump the gun and scream the sky is falling. Correct me if im wrong but PP and CDJ were playing on all american and didnt tweak sliders.

Also, the game is supposed to be easy, high scoring and fun on default settings. Why? Because most people arent as sim crazy and nitpicky as us. They want to be able to drop back, throw the ball deep and score with ease. Sliders are supposed to help you make the game more difficult and realistic. NBA 2k8 is one of my favorite games but its a dunkfest w/o slider tweaks. Once you change the sliders its more realistic.

Now I'm not saying that sliders will automatically fix these percieved issues but can we at least wait to play the game before we start the bashing.People on this site are too quick to bash or praise this game its ridiculous.
I think the problem a lot of people have is that the sliders didn't fix that much in last years' game. You could set interceptions at zero and yet still have 8 INTs in a game. I also think that the major flaw everybody wanted to see gone, was back in full force. I agree this game is not yet near release, but some of these previews will be the best we will have for awhile. Places like IGN seem to skirt over a lot of the issues that are a big deal to the guys like us who play this game as much. So when we see our opportunity to see if the game has been "fixed" and it hasn't, people start to go off the deep end (myself included).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #62
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Ugh, ugh..double ugh!

I should have known that EA's idea of "wide open gameplay" is ZERO defense and an obnoxiously overdone big play aspect.

Oh how I long for someone to make a TRUE football sim, without having to worry if 8 year old Timmy can put up offensive numbers that would make Steve Spurrier envious.
I love this post, co-sign....
Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #63
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Dude...I'm excited about it. Hell...I'm STILL playing 08. But to see the 2 BIGGEST gripes still be prevalent in 09 is disconcerting.

I agree..sliders can help address some things, but I really wish these problems had been taken care of...maybe they will be.

I'll still be getting the game day 1 or sooner.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Sliders didn't help **** last year....or ANY EA football year when it came to picks . The pick 6 is a staple of both Madden and NCAA. Until I see an INT slider at 0 that means NO picks, I mean every DB with hands dipped in motor oil, then I won't believe it.

I'm a dummy who will by this game every year sight unseen because I love college football, yet I'm not the same with Madden. But we could sticky this thread and come back in August and we'll all be going...."Yep, same old crap".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »