Home

NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: Part one: Pasta Padre

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: Part one: Pasta Padre within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: Part one: Pasta Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I agree..sliders can help address some things, but I really wish these problems had been taken care of...maybe they will be.
As we all know sliders in EA football titles have a storied history of not doing what they are supposed to do. They have had sliders in their football games for years, that when adjusted do absolutely nothing to the actual gameplay.

I'm very skeptical about relying on sliders to fix ANY of the issues with their games because of the history of them releasing these games with all these slider options that do not work.

It's very frustrating knowing that most of the issues that are in Madden AND NCAA are hard coded into the gameplay engine and cannot be resolved with slider tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Sliders don't help us online guys. Looks like more nano blitzing to slow down offenses.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #67
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Now I'm not saying that sliders will automatically fix these percieved issues but can we at least wait to play the game before we start the bashing.People on this site are too quick to bash or praise this game its ridiculous.
I usually agree with your point of view, but after so many versions of the game, and so many gameplay previews and then releases, at what point do you actually tell yourself to ignore the red flags?

I'd agree with the sliders - I'm a big fan of sliders, but again - the sliders didn't work last year.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #68
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I usually agree with your point of view, but after so many versions of the game, and so many gameplay previews and then releases, at what point do you actually tell yourself to ignore the red flags?

I'd agree with the sliders - I'm a big fan of sliders, but again - the sliders didn't work last year.
I guess my definition of red flags is different than most. A red flag for me is when I heard APF or NBA Live 08 didnt have a franchise mode. Those are features that are most haves for me and would make me decide not to buy a game. But here we have three guys who played a handful of games and gave impressions. They didnt tweak sliders and were given a limited time with a beta version of the game. Ive just learned to never judge gameplay of any game based on limited impressions. I remember I got to play MLB 2k6 weeks before release and from those 50 min i thought the game was great. When I bought it and actually spent time with the game then I realized it sucked.

I'm not saying that these things wont be issues. I'm just saying lets wait a while before dumping on the game.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess my definition of red flags is different than most. A red flag for me is when I heard APF or NBA Live 08 didnt have a franchise mode. Those are features that are most haves for me and would make me decide not to buy a game. But here we have three guys who played a handful of games and gave impressions. They didnt tweak sliders and were given a limited time with a beta version of the game. Ive just learned to never judge gameplay of any game based on limited impressions. I remember I got to play MLB 2k6 weeks before release and from those 50 min i thought the game was great. When I bought it and actually spent time with the game then I realized it sucked.

I'm not saying that these things wont be issues. I'm just saying lets wait a while before dumping on the game.

There's a big difference between thinking a game is great with the first impression and thinking a game stinks. If you think the game is great, you may find some things later on, but if you are already finding flaws in the first few games, chances are its just going to go downhill from there.

Give me 2 hours with any sports game, and I will be able to tell you what 99% of its on the field gameplay issues are. It would take a little longer to discover dynasty flaws.

Bottom line, I'll wait until the well-respected members of this board spend their hard earned cash on it and give me a review. Luckily for me, the people around here have no will power.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #70
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
There's a big difference between thinking a game is great with the first impression and thinking a game stinks. If you think the game is great, you may find some things later on, but if you are already finding flaws in the first few games, chances are its just going to go downhill from there.

Give me 2 hours with any sports game, and I will be able to tell you what 99% of its on the field gameplay issues are. It would take a little longer to discover dynasty flaws.

Bottom line, I'll wait until the well-respected members of this board spend their hard earned cash on it and give me a review. Luckily for me, the people around here have no will power.
You'll have to wait a while to weed out all the nostalgia/this is the greatest game ever. Id say, drop $5 and rent it.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #71
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Maybe the solution for EA is to make whatever game they want on default but spend some time creating a useful and robust set of sliders for people like us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #72
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Maybe the solution for EA is to make whatever game they want on default but spend some time creating a useful and robust set of sliders for people like us.
We can only hope..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »