Home

QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP

This is a discussion on QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP QUICK SNAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I dont understand why this is a big deal to most. Pick the play and run it how it is. You do not need to jump on 5 different guys and change what they do. Im sure theres time to pinch the d-line or choose bump&run. But all that other moving this guy here and that guy there to me is just trying to cheat the Ai. And is how people find out all kinds of cheap nano-blitz's.

Plus Im pretty sure I seen the cpu controlled players move around themselves on defense (could be wrong though).
I said this in another thread but since this discussion is specifically about this issue I will repost it here:

There are a lot of realistic adjustments to be made pre-snap on defense. Pinching or spreading the d-line into a JET front based on the way the o-line lines up, cheating the linebackers to the strong, weak, short, or wide side of the field based on the formation, calling bump coverage for the corners (which should be something you should be able to call "in the huddle"), etc. All of these are realistic pre snap adjustments that defenses make on the fly in real life based on the way the offense lines up.

This doesn't even include realistic audibilizing for instance when a team comes out with regular "pro" personnel (2 backs, 1 TE, 2 WRs) offensively yet lines up in 5-wide with that personnel.

I agree with those that say that the casual gamer will not mind this but for hardcore football people that like to play the game as real as possible, this could be big deal.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #10
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

From what i understand, the quick snap is still in there. Pasta mentioned that in his preview a month ago. Said still not enough time to set up. I would like more time to be able to shift my D, and have the CPU milk the clock (when appropriate)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
From what i understand, the quick snap is still in there. Pasta mentioned that in his preview a month ago. Said still not enough time to set up. I would like more time to be able to shift my D, and have the CPU milk the clock (when appropriate)
Yeah I never even thought about that factor. If the CPU does not milk the clock late in games that could really hurt this edition of NCAA Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't have a real big issue with this. As far as the clock management issue, until EA implements an accelerated clock, time management will never be realistic regardless if the cpu quick snaps the ball.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
it was clear in the Georgia/OSU video from VetzBallin that the CPU will quick snap every play. I don't want the CPU to wait forever, but they need to give us 5 seconds or so to make adjustments, etc. since they have told us how great the defensive adjustments available are now. At least let us use them! How can they not notice this?
I know, it makes no sense to not notice. If they can't fix it before the game ships (which I doubt they have time to do) they need to start working on a patch already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Dude, that's not AT ALL what we are saying.

No one is trying to "nano blitz" the CPU. But it's VERY unrealistic for the CPU to literally snap the ball almost instantly at the line. It's VERY unrealistic to have them not run any play clock during a play. If the CPU is up 10 points with 3 minutes to go...and is QUICK SNAPPING?! That's a problem.

It may not be a big deal to you, but you are in the minority there.
but I think we are actually the minority when it comes to this. I don't think most casual games care to make defensive adjustments at the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I said this in another thread but since this discussion is specifically about this issue I will repost it here:

There are a lot of realistic adjustments to be made pre-snap on defense. Pinching or spreading the d-line into a JET front based on the way the o-line lines up, cheating the linebackers to the strong, weak, short, or wide side of the field based on the formation, calling bump coverage for the corners (which should be something you should be able to call "in the huddle"), etc. All of these are realistic pre snap adjustments that defenses make on the fly in real life based on the way the offense lines up.

This doesn't even include realistic audibilizing for instance when a team comes out with regular "pro" personnel (2 backs, 1 TE, 2 WRs) offensively yet lines up in 5-wide with that personnel.

I agree with those that say that the casual gamer will not mind this but for hardcore football people that like to play the game as real as possible, this could be big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't have a real big issue with this. As far as the clock management issue, until EA implements an accelerated clock, time management will never be realistic regardless if the cpu quick snaps the ball.
True, but at least give us 3-5 seconds to make some adjustments. If I come up to the line and see something on offense I won't to be able to drop a blitzing lb into coverage, spy the qb, pinch the line etc...
Old 05-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I dont understand why this is a big deal to most. Pick the play and run it how it is. You do not need to jump on 5 different guys and change what they do. Im sure theres time to pinch the d-line or choose bump&run. But all that other moving this guy here and that guy there to me is just trying to cheat the Ai. And is how people find out all kinds of cheap nano-blitz's.

Plus Im pretty sure I seen the cpu controlled players move around themselves on defense (could be wrong though).
well most of us can see what personnel they have coming and pick an appropriate defense, but we also like to choose to adjust based on formation. I like to pinch my line, or slant to the field, or formation at times. If I am running man free I may want to bump and run my secondary. That is how the game of football is played. A coach can look at what personnel is coming in, but may have preset adjustments based on formation and other looks. I may want to spy my DE based on certain formations and I need time to do this. Half the time when I pick a play I only do it for the secondary coverage or if I choose a zone blitz. I play cover 2 or 4 a lot so most of the time I change the front to what I want them to do(slant, pinch, etc.) Some of us may also have a trips adjustment that we like and need to have time to get our defense ready. In real life everyone knows immediately what to do, but in video game life we can't change everyone at once, we have to do it a unit at a time, or individually.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1619
In real life everyone knows immediately what to do, but in video game life we can't change everyone at once, we have to do it a unit at a time, or individually.
That right there sums it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
stewaat

OVR:

I love moving my guys around and using all the cool features they give us with regards to audibling our defenders.

If they come out in a 3-wide set and they're bunch to one side of the field I want to make some changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »