Home

Online Cheese

This is a discussion on Online Cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
Rookie

Deathblooms's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online Cheese

Wr Double pass-cheese

Hurry up offense with goaline option plays and the Qb never gets fatigued.

I think fatigue should come in to play more than it does or if someone runs the same play over and over their has to be some sort of consequence
Old 06-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Looks like most people here got it all covered. Quite a bit of cheese listed in this thread though already won't work on next-gen, at least from the people that I have played.

I will say the one thing that is almost unstoppable is that HB screen where the fast QB sprints all the way to the right of the field and then throws all the way over to the left side to the HB. As has been said, there should be 2 things done to fix this: first, make the QB fatigue rapidly from doing this and secondly, the ball being thrown should be much more inaccurate. Also, no one has done this to me in this year's version but I very clearly remember last year a guy doing this the entire game in NCAA 07 and it was solid gold for him.

That and I noticed everyone and their brother seems to like to take their RB on nearly every other play, put him in the slot and hot route him. Now that's not really cheese per se as I do it on rare occasion myself and real teams do this as well but when they do it nearly everytime it gets really old. Honestly i'm not sure how well it even works though because in my Gamestop tournaments rounds 1 and 2 everyone did that nearly every down but I don't remember it being money or even helping them out much.
What you were saying about the QB running to one direction and sucking the defense in, well, there was this one guy I beat online the other day playing with FL State, and he pretty much did the same thing with the HB. He used a smaller, quicker back and he would run one way, turn completely around at warp speed with one hand on the ground, and it would cause the defense to be behind. This is borderline cheese, but it's exploiting how a human can not naturally do that all game long, plus it exploits the over use of sprint button. I hope that made sense.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #19
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

#1 cheese - QB sprint drop back 20 yards or sprint 20 yards left or right and throw across the field. It is beyond annoying and needs to be remedied.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #20
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblooms
Wr Double pass-cheese

Hurry up offense with goaline option plays and the Qb never gets fatigued.

I think fatigue should come in to play more than it does or if someone runs the same play over and over their has to be some sort of consequence
Two excellent points Deathblooms. I agree 100%.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
Cheese = Abusing exploits, programming or flaws in the game.

1. No huddle entire game= dumb but not cheese
2. Never punt= Dumb and more dumb
3. Always go for 2= dumb and annoying
4. Blitz blitz blitz= if they that much they should lose bad...thats playcalling not cheese.
5. QB never stays in pocket= this is cheese because the oline/dine is flawed and it will be corrected next year
6. Onside kick every time= there was a glitch last year when you could kick it to the tight end and it would bounce off his feet EVERY time.
7. sub RB in for FB= CHEESE
8. sub RB or WR in for QB=CHEESE

The fullback dive play is cheesy and exploitation of the line. You can run this play every down and win easily.

Option glitch...when running the option if the QB gets taken down or wrapped up he can still pitch even if he is on the ground...WHats up with that.

And the most used....Hike the ball and sprint left or right to the sideline or dropback 20 yards to pass.

Thats all for right now but I will be back.
We want to know cheese and "dumb" as you call it. Of course, you guys can always PM me exploits (so as not to post it so others figure out how to do it and make it worse).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #22
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
I have been the #1 ranked player for online play the past two years on NCAA next gen and you'd be suprised at some of the mess these guys can come up with. I have several ideas that I think would greatly enhance the NCAA online experience but don't know who to share them with. OMT I know this is an Online Cheese thread but if you would like to he these suggestions I'll glady share them! stingmgt pretty much hit the nail on the head with online cheese. Many of the issues appear to have been fixed according to the demo (ex. 3-man contain glitch) But I'll had:

1. Throwing off screen- This has become a trendy thing to do online lately. Your opponent will purposely sprint all the way to the right side of the screen or left and throw all the way off screen to the other side leaving you helpless. The main problem that I have with this is that the throw remains accurate.

2. WR at TE- Many people have begun to use WR's at TE for a speed advantage. Maddne has done a good job of not allowing users to put WRs at TE or HB/WRs at QB in the depth chart online. I believe NCAA could benefit from trying this for a year at least.

I could add more but I'll save some for others.
Please post all you can. If you don't want to "tip off" others into trying them out, you can PM me them as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #23
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Cheese = Abusing exploits, programming or flaws in the game.

1. No huddle entire game= dumb but not cheese
2. Never punt= Dumb and more dumb
3. Always go for 2= dumb and annoying
4. Blitz blitz blitz= if they that much they should lose bad...thats playcalling not cheese.
5. QB never stays in pocket= this is cheese because the oline/dine is flawed and it will be corrected next year
6. Onside kick every time= there was a glitch last year when you could kick it to the tight end and it would bounce off his feet EVERY time.
7. sub RB in for FB= CHEESE
8. sub RB or WR in for QB=CHEESE

The fullback dive play is cheesy and exploitation of the line. You can run this play every down and win easily.

And the most used....Hike the ball and sprint left or right to the sideline or dropback 20 yards to pass.

Thats all for right now but I will be back.
Co-sign on most of everything you said if someone is using Florida or Ole Miss those play books have a couple of formations where you can formation sub a RB or WR in for QB. I don't hae a problem with schemes like that.

The one in bold is number one on my list if we can get the Madden fix in the form of a patch it would hold us over until a real fix could be brought in.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

OMT, how about those slip screens? You tone that down in the retail version or does all american and heisman at least stop it when there is someone manned up on the RB?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »