Home

Concerning Patches

This is a discussion on Concerning Patches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Concerning Patches

My aircard goes into one of my usb ports and the ehernet cable goes into its port. I'm mobile with my laptop and trying to find hot spots and all of that crap is annoying and I'm not gonna pay for a wireless router at home and an air card. Guess I'll have to tote the ol hardware to friends' house to get patches and updates. Sux.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #26
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Hey guys, I'm moving and I'm not going to have a wireless router. I just use a laptop and have a wireless broadband adapter. Will I be able to run the ethernet cable from the console to my laptop?
it's possible.

you can google search "Internet Connection Sharing" and see how to set it up.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
My aircard goes into one of my usb ports and the ehernet cable goes into its port. I'm mobile with my laptop and trying to find hot spots and all of that crap is annoying and I'm not gonna pay for a wireless router at home and an air card. Guess I'll have to tote the ol hardware to friends' house to get patches and updates. Sux.
Ok, we might be on to something. You should try to plug your aircard into the USB on the Xbox and use the ethernet cable into the jack on the 360. Don't know what kinda drivers the Xbox comes loaded with but it might recognize it. Otherwise we're talking an elaborate patch-thru scenario, that I'm not to sure will work. First try direct aircard, then maybe aircard in laptop USB and ethernet to 360 jack. It's more a matter of the 360 recognizing the aircard. Good luck......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Ok, we might be on to something. You should try to plug your aircard into the USB on the Xbox and use the ethernet cable into the jack on the 360. Don't know what kinda drivers the Xbox comes loaded with but it might recognize it. Otherwise we're talking an elaborate patch-thru scenario, that I'm not to sure will work. First try direct aircard, then maybe aircard in laptop USB and ethernet to 360 jack. It's more a matter of the 360 recognizing the aircard. Good luck......
Thanks. I'll give a shot. I googled internet sharing connections and I could see myself breaking something if I went through all of those steps to no avail, ha ha.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
Exactly my point. $50 for a wireless adaptor, the price of a game. 25 cents for a blank cd.

The earlier poster said I could take my xbox down to my computer and simply plug in the ethernet from the computer to the back of the xbox. Okay. How do I see what I'm doing?
Is it easy to plug in the xbox to the computer monitor? Don't have a tv in the computer room.
simple. if you have a smaller tv bring it in there. or get a vga cable. OR an even easier result...phone jacks are in just about every room in the house no? bring the dsl modem upstairs. problem solved.

dont blame microsoft, they work with current technology. it's not their fault if people dont want to upgrade their electronics. that's like complaining they dont make xbox or ps1 or n64 games anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »