Home

NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #33
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

Ian, I just looked over your updated "Muy Importante" list and if you could get all of those issues you listed dealt with I think the game would truly be legendary. Those are significant improvements to fundemental gameplay that the series would really benefit from going forward.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #34
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
With the QB ACC slider that low were you noticing less velocity and distance on the throws? That's what has always seemed to happen when lowering that slider. Are you seeing more INTs?
The thing is, i didnt notice a difference in the QBs throws. The velocity i think was a slower if i recall but the WR would seriously do what they can to make the catch (even if it meant losing 4 or 5 yards)

I forgot to mention that the 2 inc passes he threw were INT's. However, INTs arent a problem it seems, its just that when INTs are the only way the QB has incompletions it feels really cheap.

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
TheFuture15,

This is just my opinion and please don't take it personal.

I think EA needs a better QA system. The people that test appear not to be purist or hardcores. They need to give the Community Leaders, since they trust those guys, the Alpha/Beta builds early in the process so you guys can take notes of possible bugs and glitches. Then they can focus on fixing those things that are fixable. They never catch all these bugs because they are the creators. Its easy to miss things when you run things they way they are supposed to be run because you created it! I know this all too well as a web developer. In my profession it happens all the time. Users see and find things that we totally miss as developers because we aren't trying to break the product, and we miss things. That's why in our QA process, we have layman web users test our products and report back to us in a specified period of time so that we can test and fix bugs and errors. EA should be ashamed. As a big company that they are, they should know that. If its a resources issue, then they should bump up their budget or reallocate resources to put a bigger priority on testing. I know they can't fix everything, but some of these bugs are ridiculous and easily found with quality testing.

Not only do I agree that the EA testers are obviously incompetent but EA could actually save money this way (albeit not very much) because i'm sure myself and other community leaders would be happy to get the game early in alpha or beta build and report back issues even without being paid the minimum wage that EA pays testers. Why EA wouldn't take advantage of free labor in the community that is far superior to what they are paying for now is beyond me!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #36
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
This would work for the first year, but the second year would be the same schedule. I blame calendars and their damn reliance on 12 months EVERY year.
The release date isn't in their control anyway, marketing, and the higher ups decide beforehand on a release calendar for the company that ensures the games will be most profitable at the times they are released. I'm sure if it were up to the developers the game wouldn't be released until they were completely happy with it, but it's just not their call.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I shall say it again, please patch rocket catching. This is going to be a big online gameplay problem.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #38
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I went from questioning to how certain issues can slip through into another year, to just hoping the patch will fix them.

Every person who owns the game, one I know, says the same thing about the CPU deep ball - It's far too rare. You seriously need to look into this issue enough, so you can add it to the ''important'' category. Because that's where it belongs.

I already ordered the game, in hopes that the patch will fix the few potential game killers, at least for me (Lack of CPU deep ball, kickoff/punt returns, simmed stats), so heres to hoping.
He updated the list and said he will investigate the CPU deep ball.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #39
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
If you guys can do me a favor, if you have MAJOR gameplay issues that you feel are must-fix for a patch in 09, please post with:

- Do you actually own the game and are you seeing this yourself?
- If not, can you quote the post and/or thread where you're passing on their feedback?

What we don't want to happen is make changes to the game that are possibly an over-reaction due to a very small sample of gamers. An example would be the Bill Abner threads...there was this massive panic about the number of INT's based on one half of play that turned out to (hopefully) be an over-reaction. We don't want to fix things until we actually have good feedback from a large set of users.

Just to re-iterate what Adam hinted at, we can fix gameplay issues, but they do need to be MAJOR. The ones I've listed in Muy Importante qualify as major IMO.
I have the game and I honestly feel that everything in your top two tiers are very important, if you could address all of them in some way then that would be great.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsontiger32
This is ridiculous...I paid $60 for this? What a joke
More specifics?

Just curious...how/where did you get the game?

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 07-13-2008 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »