Home

NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA 09 Gameplay Issues (response from EA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
This qualifies as MAJOR IMO. To me, this has never been done well in this game. I want to see for example Bush & White....Cadillac & Ronnie Brown. Not just Brown when CAdillac is completely gassed.
I'm glad that there have been some other people commenting on this that this is a big issue for them as well. Especially as a big dynasty player I want teams that recruit well to be rewarded when I'm playing against them because they can use their depth against me. But just in general using lots of players in a game is just part of football that is missing with these sliders not working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Ian, I do have the game and here are my issues in order of importance:

1. roster bug when editing past 13 or 20 teams (depends on who you talk to as to whether it's 13 or 20)
2. the punt block play is nearly an automatic 30 yard return whenever you call it (this one is huge)
3. computer doesn't throw deep often enough (i've seen it once in 10 games or so)
4. the computer is too good at passing over the middle and completes too high % of it's passes
5. computer is poor at clock management (by that I mean if it's losing by 7 with 10 seconds to go it should be trying to get a TD, not throwing short dump off passes and stuff like that)
6. not enough penalties even when penalty sliders maxed out
7. kick returns go a bit too far out into the field of play
8. no field degradation at all even though the devs say it's in there (imo it is in there but something programming wise is preventing it from "kicking in")

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ian, I do have the game and here are my issues in order of importance:

1. roster bug when editing past 13 or 20 teams (depends on who you talk to as to whether it's 13 or 20)
2. the punt block play is nearly an automatic 30 yard return whenever you call it (this one is huge)
3. computer doesn't throw deep often enough (i've seen it once in 10 games or so)
4. the computer is too good at passing over the middle and completes too high % of it's passes
5. computer is poor at clock management (by that I mean if it's losing by 7 with 10 seconds to go it should be trying to get a TD, not throwing short dump off passes and stuff like that)
6. not enough penalties even when penalty sliders maxed out
7. kick returns go a bit too far out into the field of play
8. no field degradation at all even though the devs say it's in there (imo it is in there but something programming wise is preventing it from "kicking in")
Just curious...aside from these issues, are you enjoying the game?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #44
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I also have the game and would pretty much echo what is on the list at the start of the thread. I am really enjoying the game. I underestimated how much custom stadium sounds and the headlines with the newspapers would add, but I check those every single week.

Punt/Kick coverage and the CPU QB's deadly accuracy up the middle are really the most important problems to me, though the other ones listed under "Muy Importante" also present some problems.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #45
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikaben
I'm just hoping for the best, by friday. It would be great. The game is honestly gonna be insanely good, but the minor glitches will hurt my experience a LITTLE BIT.
Don't hold your breath. Friday would be bordering on impossible. First you've gotta do the work, then bug check it. Then get it certified. Not a 1 week kinda deal......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #46
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'd like to comment on this. I just got the game about an hour and a half ago and haven't put nearly as much time in as ODogg and some others. The game is definitely enjoyable, but several of the issues posted here (and are already on your list) are immediately noticeable in the first game I played (I've only played two so far). While the game is fun and the gameplay has a much better underlying design than NCAA 08, there are some key areas of gameplay that lack polish and I could see becoming tiresome rather quickly.

In my first game AA level LSU vs Tulane the most noticeable issue was the pass rush. My front four got not pressure whether I blitzed, controlled a lineman myself, or let the AI trying to get pressure with the front four.

Didn't test the punt block so I can't comment on that. But the cpu passing game was very one-dimensional. It felt cheap the way the cpu was able to move the ball down the field, I either wasn't able to get any pressure (which I would figure with LSU vs Tulane I should at least have one play during the course of the game where I cause the QB to experience some heat) or it would just dump the ball off for a short gain over the middle. Regardless of what defense I called it was able to complete these routes.

Oh and one other thing I was specifically looking for was to test out the subs that I had heard about. Sure enough Tulane used one RB the entire game (32 carries no unreasonable for Tulane bu last year the backup averaged 5 carries per game as well), no other back was given a carry and no other back was even subbed in. They also only used three DT's as well.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'd like to comment on this. I just got the game about an hour and a half ago and haven't put nearly as much time in as ODogg and some others. The game is definitely enjoyable, but several of the issues posted here (and are already on your list) are immediately noticeable in the first game I played (I've only played two so far). While the game is fun and the gameplay has a much better underlying design than NCAA 08, there are some key areas of gameplay that lack polish and I could see becoming tiresome rather quickly.

In my first game AA level LSU vs Tulane the most noticeable issue was the pass rush. My front four got not pressure whether I blitzed, controlled a lineman myself, or let the AI trying to get pressure with the front four.

Didn't test the punt block so I can't comment on that. But the cpu passing game was very one-dimensional. It felt cheap the way the cpu was able to move the ball down the field, I either wasn't able to get any pressure (which I would figure with LSU vs Tulane I should at least have one play during the course of the game where I cause the QB to experience some heat) or it would just dump the ball off for a short gain over the middle. Regardless of what defense I called it was able to complete these routes.

Oh and one other thing I was specifically looking for was to test out the subs that I had heard about. Sure enough Tulane used one RB the entire game (32 carries no unreasonable for Tulane bu last year the backup averaged 5 carries per game as well), no other back was given a carry and no other back was even subbed in. They also only used three DT's as well.
What was your final score against Tulane?
Final stats? (i.e. QB comps/atts, def sacks/tackles, INT's, etc)
Old 07-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #48
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

THIS IS A WARNING!!!

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE GAME YET, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. PERIOD.

Ian has asked for those that have the game to post any problems they may or may not be seeing. Those of you that DO NOT have the game, need to stop cluttering the forums with your conspiracy theories, your threats to not buy the game, your criticizing of the testers or whatever. Thats it. End of story.

Ian is trying his best to get the best possible info he can, but its difficult to stay focused when he keeps reading some of the things posted here. I think its great that he is trying to fix the problems that we are finding.

To repeat myself, if you do not have the game, DO NOT post in this thread.

I understand that people are frustrated, but if you want the problems fixed, you need to let the process take place without unnecessary clutter.

Thank you.

-CB

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »