Home

Should I buy a PS3 or XBOX 360 for NCAA 09?

This is a discussion on Should I buy a PS3 or XBOX 360 for NCAA 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #25
Rookie

mikehill06's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Should I buy a PS3 or XBOX 360 for NCAA 09?

I think right now I am leaning towards the 360, just because I am more used to the controler because I had a xbox before I "retired" from video games a few years ago.
I played the PS3 version in a store today and I couldn't get used to the controller but then again I only played for about 15 minutes. I realize it is a win/win situation but like I mentioned before I don't want to have buyers remorse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
My 360 is whisper quiet, and not hot at all, sorry you still have a launch console?
My 1st 360 and my Falcon 360 are both loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18

i built my own pc as well.. i have a total of 5 fans, two in front, two in back and one on top... its definitely louder than my xbox.. besides, if you have surround sound, you wont hear it... just because something is louder than what you like doesnt necessarily make it a con or disadvantage towards the system.. if anyones concerned that its too loud, then your priorities are twisted on what makes a console a good gaming machine..

You should buy some better 120mm fan with ball bearings, because all of mine are quiet. Also I never said the noise was a disadvantage, but I'd rather not listen to it. I shouldn't need to turn my 7.1 system up more because of the 360.

If the only difference for the game is a loud system and I quiet, ill choose the quiet.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
My 1st 360 and my Falcon 360 are both loud.

What the hell is a Falcon 360?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_437
What the hell is a Falcon 360?
Its a chipset, and people are totally exaggerating how loud the 360 is, it's ridiculous to imagine someone selling a system because of it, ludicrous even.
Hands down, the 360's library destroys the PS3, and the games that are on both are better on the 360. I do enjoy the blu ray player.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
the games that are on both are better on the 360.
I agree with you... in most cases.

But, I still havent been able to find anywhere here, or on the net, where someone can say that they think the 360 version is better then the PS3 version of NCAA09 though (or the other way around).

Has anyone here been able to play both? (preferably retail versions, and not just demos)

I am having a really hard time deciding what version to get.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #30
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Go with the PS3.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #31
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehill06
I think right now I am leaning towards the 360, just because I am more used to the controler because I had a xbox before I "retired" from video games a few years ago.
I played the PS3 version in a store today and I couldn't get used to the controller but then again I only played for about 15 minutes. I realize it is a win/win situation but like I mentioned before I don't want to have buyers remorse.
The controller should be the least of your concerns when making a decision. Whatever controller you have, you'll soon get used to it.

I have a 360 and I'm glad I made that choice. The noise factor is way overblown. When the games are being played you can't hear any noise from the console. I think the newer 360s are quieter and more reliable, though I'm not sure. I had my first one die on me and many have had to return multiple consoles, getting the red rings of death. That's why it's good to get the extended warranty for $60, which allows you to exchange it right away for new console, rather than send it in to Microsoft and wait several weeks for a repair or a refurbished one.

I've never played a PS3, but from what I gather, these sports games are virtually the same on both consoles, if not slightly better on the 360, certainly not worse.

I've never played MLB the Show, but if you're a big baseball gaming fan, you might want to go with the PS3 because I've heard many great things about that game.

Also: Don't listen to that guy who recommends buying 08. It's a complete travesty of a game. 09, despite its many flaws, is much better and more fun than 08. Plus, there is still hope that 09 can be improved with patches.

Last edited by Spanky; 07-23-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: And another thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #32
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Let's try to keep this on topic instead of a PS3/360 battle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »