Home

NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

This is a discussion on NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

is it pointless to go after guys who have their list down to the top 5 and say you're 8 on their list?

Also, does ranking them do any good?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
is it pointless to go after guys who have their list down to the top 5 and say you're 8 on their list?

Also, does ranking them do any good?
I would say 9 out of 10 times it doesnt help to go after a guy if your 4th and it says top 3 but I've sign a guy when it said that and I was 5th. I moved him up to first to let him know he was my top priority and it worked out. OMT mention in one of his post if you look it up that ranking your recruits matter. How much is the million dollar question. I use to rank by interest every week and after reading that i stop and just keep it the same or move a guy up here and there.

Can anyone confirmed that you have to let the pitch say complete when your hard selling or can you hang up as soon as the football is smiling??
Old 07-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
After reading through this thread I don't think there is one set way to recruit. I really believe it's just blind luck to go along with what type of school you choose.

I'm in the 2nd year with my North Carolina dynasty. After the first year was complete I had the 22nd best recruting class. Even though I was in the top 25 I failed to land one 5 star recruit. I tried to talk to each recruit every week. Towards the end of the season, I mainly focused on the top ten on my list. I forget the total count, but I think I only landed 3 or 4 four star recruits. The rest were all 3 stars.

This season I targeted a ton of 5 star's that were interested in me. Now in my 11th week I have 1 left. I had a 5 star FS that had me listed number 1 all year until 3 weeks ago. So I moved him to number 2 on my list and focused the majority of my time on him. All of his interest were maxed out and he still chose another school over me. I don't get it. Just proves my theory that it's just blind luck.

I disagree its blind luck....there are some good strategies to help you recruit better......getting 5 stars i believe is much harder than NCAA's in the past which is very realistic.....sure you got your 2 star team into the top 25....but they have no history of doing that.....it takes years to build up a team especially from the 1 and 2 star levels....

I know if I was a blue chip recruit....I'd have to be pretty sure the program has turned around to go to Joe Blow university instead of the NFL practice fields of the big time schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PInck33

Can anyone confirmed that you have to let the pitch say complete when your hard selling or can you hang up as soon as the football is smiling??
That seems to be the million dollar question!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not sure if/how the "Large Interest Gain" and "Small Interest Gain" that you see when Quick Calling applies to manual calling. I can see that everyone wants to know if you have to complete your pitch to get the interest gain. I would also like to know if completing the same pitch over and over again is more or less effective than completing all of the pitches. And ... I would like to know what the Lock signifies, which you get (at times) when researching a pitch with a prospect. You certainly can (and do) complete hard pitches without unlocking them.

In terms of manual call vs Quick Call, I think they have differing advantages. In terms of researching a prospects interests, I think you would have a hard time beating the efficiencies of the Quick Call by manually calling. That is - I think that you get the best bang for your research buck by Quick Calling. The weakness here is that the Quick Call doesn't always spend time on research. It makes hard pitches and, at times, will try to sway prospects (something that I NEVER do on my own).

One thing that I think I've settled on (how could you ever REALLY know?) is that it is to your advantage to get off the call with the prospect super-happy (all teeth). With that, I think that it is best to use manual calls with prospects you're trying to win over as you can make sure that you leave them super-happy (opposed to Quick Call, which has no predictability). I also find that you can complete more hard pitches in 30 minutes through manual calling than you could with Quick Calling (where you typically get one pitch - MAYBE two - in 30 minutes).

Gotta run ... I'll share more about my luck with in-season recruiting, going after non-interested prospects and the rest of it tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone else for sharing as, unless you're in my dynasty, there's no reason not to help each other.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogowic
And ... I would like to know what the Lock signifies, which you get (at times) when researching a pitch with a prospect. You certainly can (and do) complete hard pitches without unlocking them.
Lock signifies that you cant sway them no matter what your school is rated at that particular pitch ala being great, excellent, elite in each category. If you find a pitch and its low and no lock and your school is elite or excellent in that area. For example coach prestige it would be smart to try and sway him if you have someone like Joe Paterno cuz he's got alot of prestige and it could sway a recruit to go play for Joe Pa than say Michigan just cuz of Rich Rodriguez still being wet behind the ears
Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #39
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
I disagree its blind luck....there are some good strategies to help you recruit better......getting 5 stars i believe is much harder than NCAA's in the past which is very realistic.....sure you got your 2 star team into the top 25....but they have no history of doing that.....it takes years to build up a team especially from the 1 and 2 star levels....

I know if I was a blue chip recruit....I'd have to be pretty sure the program has turned around to go to Joe Blow university instead of the NFL practice fields of the big time schools.
I don't know what you mean by my 2 star team? I'm in the second year of my dynasty if that's what you mean.

Since we're talking about team stars, I bumped up to 4 stars after being a 3 star team my first year.

What I was saying about blind luck is a 4 star team should be able to recruit at least one 5 star recruit. They didn't loose interest because I didn't spend time on them, that's for sure.

With all of the complaints about different bugs in this game, what makes anyone think that the recruting system works? I really feel that no matter what approach you take, the game will decide what it wants to decide for you.

That being said, I love this game. I def think I'm in the minority because I do love this game. It's my favorite football game ever!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
I don't know what you mean by my 2 star team? I'm in the second year of my dynasty if that's what you mean.

Since we're talking about team stars, I bumped up to 4 stars after being a 3 star team my first year.

What I was saying about blind luck is a 4 star team should be able to recruit at least one 5 star recruit. They didn't loose interest because I didn't spend time on them, that's for sure.

With all of the complaints about different bugs in this game, what makes anyone think that the recruting system works? I really feel that no matter what approach you take, the game will decide what it wants to decide for you.

That being said, I love this game. I def think I'm in the minority because I do love this game. It's my favorite football game ever!
Without knowing who your going after...with what pitches....if he's in state or not....had initial interest in your team before recruiting began are all factors.

Has anyone counted how many 5 stars there are at the start of a recruiting season....there shouldn't be a ton is what I'm getting at.....the less 5 stars available the more the competition heats up.....

I plan on messing around with these factors later on to see how many 5 star guys there are.

It will be random if you let it become that. So far in this thread we have gotten some good tips...in fact I may compile a list for the first post...

the Good, the Bad.....or Do's and Don'ts and list them there...

I honestly dont think recruiting is as random as your making it out to be.....what team are you rolling with?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »