Home

Best NCAA Games of All Time

This is a discussion on Best NCAA Games of All Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Best NCAA Games of All Time

NCAA Football 06 (Xbox1) - The best CPU A.I. of any game in the series. The last CPU A.I. that missed field goals occasionally. An excellent game that accurately depicted the game. Tested throughly and although not perfect, was the most refined of any NCAA game i.m.h.o. The last series without momentum, which makes this game the most balanced game in my opinion. Most sliders seemed to work. Traditional clock rules.

NCAA Football 08 (XBox1) - The largest breadth of any animation engine in the series by far. Momentum meter adds a weight to attributes over time in a way that makes it sometimes hard to comeback for the casual gamer. High scoring at times with some slider mods, but the absolute best multiplayer game in the series. Love the analog kicking in this game with slider mods. An absolutely epic game marred by some penalty bugs and CPU never missing field goals for all slider options, despite the fact that you can block CPU field goals, something that was very difficulty in 06. Some sliders don't seem to work as they should. Most do, but some don't like CPU FG accuracy slider. Traditional clock rules.

Last edited by PSU_DW2; 07-23-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Best NCAA Games of All Time

06? Wasn't that dropfest?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Yes it was. I remember it also being ridiculously hard to pass the ball. Sadly I miss that.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I thought the dropfest was 05?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

'08 on Xbox was awful, I actually started a dynasty in it last week and had to quit after six games because the momentum meter is way, way too powerful. Too many kick returns for TD's, too many big plays and terrible pursuit angles ruined the game. If you could simply turn off the momentum meter the game would probably be a 9 outta 10 or higher.

'06 was a drop-fest for me (I think that was only an issue on Xbox, not PS2), '05 was a disaster on almost every level, '07 was fun but there was almost no defense and the momentum meter was pretty bad there as well. At least I was able to squeeze 3-4 years out of a dynasty in that version.

2004 by a landslide, the series was never the same after the overhaul that led to '05.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 62

The drop fest was NCAA 2005. NCAA 2006 was plagued by the creation of the Impact Player, anyone remember how impossible it was to stop any impact RB in that game?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

I could have sworn that 05 was the drop fest game: The one with Larry Fitzgerald on the cover. How laughably ironic is that by the way?

06 had Desmond Howard on the cover..I really enjoyed that game. 04 and 06 where the 2 best..by alot in my opinion. I think I had about a 12 year coaching career in both.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
'08 on Xbox was awful, I actually started a dynasty in it last week and had to quit after six games because the momentum meter is way, way too powerful.

Too many kick returns for TD's, too many big plays and terrible pursuit angles ruined the game. If you could simply turn off the momentum meter the game would probably be a 9 outta 10 or higher.

'06 was a drop-fest for me (I think that was only an issue on Xbox, not PS2), '05 was a disaster on almost every level, '07 was fun but there was almost no defense and the momentum meter was pretty bad there as well. At least I was able to squeeze 3-4 years out of a dynasty in that version.

2004 by a landslide, the series was never the same after the overhaul that led to '05.
2004 was probably more well rounded out of the box than 2006. But 06 was the last year that i could trust the sliders.

With the sliders you can fix issues like drop-fest with the WR catching slider if you think it's hard.

This game was hard. Challenging. You really had to rely on timing.

06 had things like slide protection and animations that 2004 didn't have.

This was a very well rounded game and I still have the rosters for the 05 season in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »