Home

The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

This is a discussion on The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

Race has no bearing on a video game.. truthfully thats the attitude that too many ignorant people have and is the cause of so many problems in this world.. there is only one race.. the human race, if i lived in Africa my skin would be dark too so
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #18
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Question Re: The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaucasianBaller9
The player is an african american (call it racist or whatever, but it is..they have no clue how to play straight football...and as dumb as they usually are, they find ways to exploit the A.I. year in and year out)
Don Imus errr CaucasianBaller9, please clarify, when you write:

"as dumb as they usually are", who is they?

Cheesers or African Amercians? Help me to understand.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #19
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
As an African American man I find this highly offensive. He is talkiing about african american men because he put what he said in () after saying african american men.

Bottom line there are chesser all over NCAA. No matter what skin color. Bringing race into it was not called for.
I'm also African American and I find this highly offensive as well.

There have been cheesing since online gaming started stop crying about it every year
Old 07-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
What's even funnier is that his name is "Caucasian Baller". Oh yeah!
This struck my nerve also. A guy with a name like that posting racistist remarks...and then states he dont care ? Frustration or not dude needs to think before he posts.

"Have you lost your mind? I mean how is it that you can disrespect a man's ethnicity when you know we have influenced nearly every facet of White America from our music to our style of dress not to mention your basic imitation of our sense of cool; walk talk dress mannerism, we enrich your very existence all the while contributing to the gross national product through our achievement in corporate America.

It is these conceits that comfort me when I am faced with the ignorant cowardly bitter and bigoted who have no talent no guts people like you who desecrate things they don't understand when the truth is you should say thank you man! And go on about your way. But apparently you are incapable of doing that."
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

how is this guy getting such a free pass from so many of you? it doesn't matter if he makes any good points, this dude made a blatantly racist and offensive post. if mods aren't going to ban this clown, at least delete this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #22
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Being in sales (I'm Caucasian), I no longer make assumptions on
an individual's ethnic background. Really can't judge by voice.

So foolish.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

WOW, lmao. Let the battle over race begin.

Honestly, don't justify a response over someone who makes a generalization about a race. (That's what the poster usually wants)

I also agree with formula316, you can't make a generalization of based on voice. I do radio work and most people before they meet me think I'm white or black. (I'm asian)

Also, there will always be a battle over cheese online. There is no way to create a perfect game and there are people who do play sim who create groups for that. It is video game, it will never be perfect.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
As an African American man I find this highly offensive. He is talkiing about african american men because he put what he said in () after saying african american men.

Bottom line there are chesser all over NCAA. No matter what skin color. Bringing race into it was not called for.
Same here. As soon as I read that I scrolled down to see if he got a red card. Your other points are valid but the need to call a race out and stereotype is uncalled for. Your username doesn't help your cause either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »