Home

My game froze last night........

This is a discussion on My game froze last night........ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My game froze last night........

Sigh, this is NOT good that others are having the same issue. Never had any games freeze on my 360 (Falcon) since I got it in January. Played through 65+ hours of GTA 4 and numerous more on COD4, no problem. Got NCAA 2009 at launch, no issues at all, played through a season and a half of dynasty just fine....until this weekend.

Like others, mine started freezing this weekend. Got to the point where I couldn't even load my dynasty file. I really started to freak out when I put in an old copy of NBA Street and it froze up as it entered a game even though I've NEVER had a problem with that game before.

I looked at the NCAA 2009 disc pretty closely and noticed that there were some strange waves in the CD around the edges. Not scratches mind you, but it looked like something was inside of the disc, like water spots or something maybe along the edges. Definitely didn't look like a normal disc to me. I'm not sure if the spots were there when I got it or if they somehow developed since I've been playing it. Maybe just a bad batch of discs? So I took it back to Best Buy and they exchanged it for a new one.

New disc looks perfect to me and I was able to load my dynasty right up and play a full game just fine with it after I got home. I just assumed that it was just a bad disc. Maybe the disc didn't matter and it just played fine because the console had cooled down while I was gone.

So now I'm wondering what the hell is going on. The fact that NBA Street froze immediately after NCAA 2009 froze earlier scares me. Almost afraid I'll get RROD when I turn it on tonight.

(Oh, and I did download the "EARosters com" rosters since I first got the game but haven't edited any of teams/players manually.)

Last edited by St. Germain; 07-29-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #34
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

BUMP

Can the developers look into this please?

Numerous people are having the same exact problems. What's going on?

Can we get a sticky??
Old 07-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
Well I've played roughly about 10 more games since the freeze and have had no problems. The issue had to stem from all of the pics and vids saved, because once I erased most of them I was able to play with no issues. I even played four games in a row, so I don't think it's an issue with overheating.

I remember reading somewhere with the 360, to clear the system cache, you have to hold down X or Y when you turn the system on. Maybe that will help some of you that are freezing up.
so skinfan, are you playing on a ps3? do the pics and vids automatically save on the hard drive? i've never saved anything manually, other than my dynasty/profile. also, where are they located on the hard drive?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 6

last night I was able to play through two dynasty games w/o freezing and turned it off on my own, I believe thats the first time this has happened. Also me and my fiance played lego Inie for 2 hrs bf that and no freezes on that game. NCAA is the only one that has been freezing.

I'm anxious to see what expirience that other gamer has with his exchanged disc, maybe I need to return mine bc my 360 seems to work fine. Latley Ive been getting one red light and the e71 error but i turn it off and back on and its good
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #37
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHorra
so skinfan, are you playing on a ps3? do the pics and vids automatically save on the hard drive? i've never saved anything manually, other than my dynasty/profile. also, where are they located on the hard drive?
No I play on the 360. I'm not sure where they are on the PS3.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #38
Rookie

I had the game freeze on me again last night, and this was with the 2nd new disc I've gotten for NCAA 2009. This really really sucks. There's more anxiety between plays about whether the game will freeze or not than there is about whether the other team will score. Not cool and no solution in sight. No other games cause this issue on my 360.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #39
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Germain
I had the game freeze on me again last night, and this was with the 2nd new disc I've gotten for NCAA 2009. This really really sucks. There's more anxiety between plays about whether the game will freeze or not than there is about whether the other team will score. Not cool and no solution in sight. No other games cause this issue on my 360.

That blows. Have you cleared your cache or deleted your pics and vids? That's what I did and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
That blows. Have you cleared your cache or deleted your pics and vids? That's what I did and I haven't had a problem since.
I tried deleting the vids and pics but that didn't fix it. I'll have to try clearing the cache tonight. I was not happy when it froze last night after being up two touchdowns on #2 Wisconsin late in the 3rd.

After that the console booted up fine, but when I tried starting NCAA 2009 I could click through the two opening EA logo screens but when the opening movie started and I'd hit a button, the system would freeze. I never made it to the screen with the player on it where you hit the Start button. It didn't matter how many times I turned the machine off and back on, it would still freeze whenever I tried to skip that opening movie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »