Home

Just say NO!!! to Robo QB

This is a discussion on Just say NO!!! to Robo QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Just say NO!!! to Robo QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32

I saw another guy on here claiming to have missed a FG and still got credit for it. Well NOW, I believe him. I lost this game ultimately b/c of this FG the CPU missed but it was called "good". I watched this from every view possible, and he totally missed it off the upright. And it clanked with the sound effect so I know he missed it.
Well, if I'm not mistaken, that's Oklahoma at Oregon. Maybe EA was just putting special realistic BS game-deciding calls in for that game.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #34
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

My whole issue with the QB logic in EA's game is this: how hard is it to include overthrows, under throws and throws into the dirt? How hard is it to make a QB's throwing accuracy go down when they are on the run or dropping back 20 yards. I'm not talking so they throw picks. But, if a QB is running for his life towards the sidelines and is trying to hit a WR on the sidelines then at least 5 or 6 times out of ten it should sail out of bounds or take an acrobatic catch from the WR in order for it to be complete. With EA it's like it's all or nothing...either the QB will complete the pass or it will be thrown so poorly that it'll get picked. Every incomplete pass is not tipped by someone either. There should also be some difference between a QB with 93 THP and 88 THA and a QB who has 84 THP and 76 THA. The same way they made speed different on this game they can make QB's the same way. That goes for CPU or human Robo QB's.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I used to be a software engineer. You're right, programming for the new systems is different and harder, but there is no excuse for such a change in AI or logic. There is no reason they couldn't have carried that over from last gen. I think they made a conscious decision to start all over again on next gen thinking they could make a better game. Sometimes, if it ain't broken don't fix it as some say.

I am afraid that if they patch the robo QB they may neuter the CPUs ability to be competitive.

When will EA also make people pay for dropping back too much in the pocket? Has any football game ever gotten this right? Any previous Maddens/NCAAs/2Ks? I have heard that the new Madden will do this, and I am stoked about it. This years Madden will either be very exciting or a big big letdown for me.
If they have the sliders work and they have errant passes not being intercepted every time, we'll be in business.

But I am afraid the patch won't address what we need addressing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #36
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Well, if I'm not mistaken, that's Oklahoma at Oregon. Maybe EA was just putting special realistic BS game-deciding calls in for that game.

If it's in the game, it's in the game. Damn, that's some attention to detail.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

My biggest gripe with the AI is in campus legend mode. I swear the running backs are mentally challenged. If I throw a pass to the RB in the flats and he catches it at the hash mark, he'll run straight out of bounds and never even thinking of turning up field, despite the fact that there are no defenders near him.

WRs will do the something where you can throw it to them on the sideline and they'll run out of bounds after 3 yards even though the closest defender is 10 yards away.

If you call a running play with the running back, he's going to juke immediately no matter what. Numerous times I've had a monsterous hole open up in the middle on a dive play. The running back takes the hand off and jukes left twice, does a spin and then gets tackled for a 3 yard loss.

Other times, when they're in the open field running away from defenders they'll randomly start zig zagging so that they slow down and the defenders can catch them. What is this?

The worst is definitely the running out of bounds thing though. It's infuriating when you throw a good pass to the RB who has a wide open field in front of him on 3rd and 5, but he runs straight for 10 yards out of bounds.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really think AP2k had the right idea and the easist to program solution for this. Basically if you clicked down on the left stick it was the same as planting your feet and the throw had better accuracy and velocity.

Obviously if you are running around you cannot plant your feet (push down on the left stick) and your accuracy and velocity suffered. It is a pretty easy solution to program and actually felt more interactive and not just random logic based on movement.

This type of thing could even be added through a patch I would think as you could drop the accuracy slider by 10 if not pressing down (or the player is moving), or raising it by 10 if you did (or were stationary). I have set the accuracy below 25 and I think it would make a pretty decent setting for throws on the move while 45 and above for stationary throws would be a pretty decent match. In other words, the +10 vs -10 for automatic slider adjustment would work out perfectly.

I am not really complaining though as NCAA plays just fine for me on Varsity with slider tweaks. I still think it is a great game.

Last edited by krispykeith; 07-30-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:20 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 14

Too many babies on this board making me dislike logging on here except for the NBA2k forum which they praise,trust me NBA 2k8 had a fare share of glitches too
Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM   #40
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Too many babies on this board making me dislike logging on here except for the NBA2k forum which they praise,trust me NBA 2k8 had a fare share of glitches too
Thanks for stopping by, feel free to go back to the NBA2k forum.

To cut down on INT's (CPU) ive stopped User Picking the ball, going swat only. Another dumb house rule, but its serving its purpose.

Cmon Adam, whats in the second patch?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »