Home

OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

This is a discussion on OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
thanks steeler. This is EXACTLY what every game looks like even with bad weather...the exact same as when it started. i just played a dynasty game last night at New Mexico. never a change as steeler's pic is showing in the 4th quarter.

i can clearly see it in the older build photo at UCLA even with no rain. i have games where it showers heavily and the field is still the same as it started.

thanks for listening OMT and taking a further look into this.
I concur with the above statement. Regardless what the weather is, the fields remain totally intact and shows zero signs of wear through out the course of the game.

I've completed a season and a half using the Longhorns who play on a natural grass field.

Seems as if this is nearly identical to Maddens total lack of degradation.

Thanks for looking into this OMT. Some of us truely LOVE this feature.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
I concur with the above statement. Regardless what the weather is, the fields remain totally intact and shows zero signs of wear through out the course of the game.

I've completed a season and a half using the Longhorns who play on a natural grass field.

Seems as if this is nearly identical to Maddens total lack of degradation.

Thanks for looking into this OMT. Some of us truely LOVE this feature.
agreed
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

OMT please do what you can to help us out here... THX for all your efforts. All we want is for our game to be just as good if not better than madden...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1

I think some of you guys are making a little much out of this. So few grass fields to begin with (compared to field turf), plus the drainage systems in college/pro stadiums have gotten much better over the years. Not quite as many slush bowls as you had 20 years ago.

As for the images, the second one posted was from an exhibition game. Even in the 4th quarter you do not see that much degradation at a Bruins game (do a google search for UCLA 4th quarter for a few hundred examples). If anything you see more little areas where the turf is chopped up from people making cuts (something ESPN NFL 2K5 did nicely). The first one could have been from a dynasty game, which explains why it seems more progressively degraded.

A good example of how degradation is handled is during a dynasty. It should and does get progressively worse over a season on a grass field. Though once again grass/turf management is better than it was in the past and it is not like these guys do not patch up their fields over the season.

There is an example of UCLA dynasty (late in the season as they are playing USC) where it is more chopped up. Looking for the photo, it is somewhere on EAsportsworld.

Sure there are exceptions to rule but I would rather have NCAA09 with limited degradation then what Madden09 has with no degradation and the players look like they bathed in mud.

P.S. I would rather have dynamic lighting over this as it has an effect on so many more games versus weather on grass stadiums. Boo, EA for not having the time to keep this feature in.

Last edited by zigzigler; 08-06-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #37
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Can I see a pic of a field that muddy from a division 1A college team? They have much higher quality fields, and they generally don't puddle these days. That was why we didn't totally tear up the field when it is raining.
Hello there Pittsburgh Steelers? Remember the punt sticking to the ground because the grass was that soaked? If it happens at a NFL Stadium it can happen in a College stadium.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #38
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Hello there Pittsburgh Steelers? Remember the punt sticking to the ground because the grass was that soaked? If it happens at a NFL Stadium it can happen in a College stadium.
heinz field has the worst field in the nfl per the players, and had just installed new sod before a three day storm & 4 hs state title games. most d1-a grass fields have state of the art grass & drainage systems and don't tear up in rainy games.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #39
Banned

I found the image. You can see there is more degradation (even from the poor camera angle)

Dynasty - 1st quarter

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/photo/127909

Also thought I would add that the Rose Bowl/LA Coliseum sure seem green and nicely textured everytime I watch USC/UCLA play.

If anything, all the degradation would be unrealistic in this case.

Last edited by zigzigler; 08-06-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
heinz field has the worst field in the nfl per the players, and had just installed new sod before a three day storm & 4 hs state title games. most d1-a grass fields have state of the art grass & drainage systems and don't tear up in rainy games.
Exactly, Heinz field was a mess due to other factors. People can throw out exceptions but the fact is most rain games are not mudfest.

Anyone recall Miami/FSU from 03? Tallahassee - Grass

George Toma would be proud of the FSU ground crew.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »