Home

Fullbacks...

This is a discussion on Fullbacks... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7
Fullbacks...

It seems like theres never any fullbacks that are anything more than just a person to put in the position. Every once in a while you can find that position change that works out very well, but rarely someone who actually comes in to be a fullback. Never seen a 4 or 5 star fullback.

Any one ever had any luck recruiting the fullback position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fullbacks...

I recruit big athletes, and then move them to fullback.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

4&1 my friend. Thats when i send the big guy up the middle.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
I recruit big athletes, and then move them to fullback.
speaking of athletes, what method do you use to keep track of all of your athlete recruits, and what position you are going to put them in?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexerr
It seems like theres never any fullbacks that are anything more than just a person to put in the position. Every once in a while you can find that position change that works out very well, but rarely someone who actually comes in to be a fullback. Never seen a 4 or 5 star fullback.

Any one ever had any luck recruiting the fullback position?
sounds like real life. how many big name fullbacks are there now? Hardly any ever get drafted on the first day of the draft and they are only expected to block and catch a few passes now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
speaking of athletes, what method do you use to keep track of all of your athlete recruits, and what position you are going to put them in?
I usually go by their stats. I had a 6'1 4* guy with 93 speed that was a decent pass catcher, so I was going to look at him at slot receiver or corner, but he dropped to 72 (from 75) at WR, and would have been 6th at CB. So I put him at RB (stayed at 75), and I am going to redshirt him this season. After his RS year, he will be #2 and probably a full time KOR. Right now I am recruiting two 5* ATHs who are both 6'5 with A or A+ speed, and I plan on playing them at WR, or worst case, FS.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
I usually go by their stats. I had a 6'1 4* guy with 93 speed that was a decent pass catcher, so I was going to look at him at slot receiver or corner, but he dropped to 72 (from 75) at WR, and would have been 6th at CB. So I put him at RB (stayed at 75), and I am going to redshirt him this season. After his RS year, he will be #2 and probably a full time KOR. Right now I am recruiting two 5* ATHs who are both 6'5 with A or A+ speed, and I plan on playing them at WR, or worst case, FS.
Cool.

When you are say, recruiting fullbacks, and an ATH pops up, is that particular ATH best suited for the fullback position?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

For me, when I know I need a fullback, I go for a particular type of ATH. They have to be stocky, you know, like 5'11, 220 or something like that, and need a minimum of B speed. Those guys convert pretty easily. And these are 3* star guys I'm talking about. I've had some of them go up to the low 80's as freshman once I converted them to FB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »