Home

Patch #2 PS3 Status

This is a discussion on Patch #2 PS3 Status within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:44 AM   #65
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Patch #2 PS3 Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU_Alumni
Additionally, it is beyond me why the XB360 version of NCAA is available in 1080p, yet the blue-ray enabled PS3 system is not (only 720p). If the game is "ported" from the XB360 system to the PS3, then the PS3 version should cost less than the XB360 version. Technically, PS3 owners are paying the same price for a lesser quality game (visually).
I'll at least try to correct this miss information.

The game renders at 720p on both consoles. The 360 has a scaler chip built in that up-converts to what ever resolution you have your 360 set too. The PS3 does not do this and outputs the game at the rendered resolution and lets your 1080p TV do the up-converting. Since all 1080p TV must convert any incoming signal to 1080p before it is displayed, it makes no difference if the 360 does the scaling or the TV (for PS3 users).

So, lets review: Both consoles render the game at 720p. The 360 then up-converts this to 1080p (if you have it set to 1080p) and passes it off to your HDTV. The PS3 sends the rendered 720p signal to your HDTV which then up-converts it to 1080p to be displayed.

Since both are renedered at the same resolution, there is no added detail in the 360 version (just because it output at 1080p) since you can't create more detail when it wasn't there to begin with.

The only exception is that the 360 may do a better job at up-converting then some TVs but, most 1080p TVs do a pretty good job at the conversion. I will admit that it would be nice if we had the option to set the PS3 to up-convert games as well but, it is just another thing Sony got wrong with the console. Technically, both games are rendered at the same resolution though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 AM   #66
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDowns430
OK, if I can accomplish one thing in my time here, I want it to be the clearing up of this misconception.

No feature was cut so that we could implement mascot mode. The feature took about a day to hook up using the models and textures that are already on the disc.

Hooking up mascot mode was a 1 day task that required no additional art. Adding 1AA schools would be a cycle long task that would require a MASSIVE amount of art.

On a side note that is actually on topic, I want to clarify that we have sent Sony the patch already. I haven't heard what the timeframe is for getting it released, but as always I will let you know as soon as I know anything new.
appreciate it cdowns. great customer service, frankly. good ole us of a. i am in london on assignment and its usually... "back of the line" no reason why, no insight. cheers.

funny, all this flaming will come to a stand still when the patch gets released. get the addicts their crack...
Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 AM   #67
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Thanks for the update! Hopefully Sony gets the certification done quickly.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #68
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

wanna put fear into Sony and force them to hurry the patch along? Forward to them a few of the posts in this thread.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-26-2008, 08:25 AM   #69
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
wanna put fear into Sony and force them to hurry the patch along? Forward to them a few of the posts in this thread.
Not sure that would accomplish much other than confirming that some of their customer base are incoherent 12 year olds.

Hope the patch comes out soon for you PS3 guys!

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess I do have a question, if there was a potential problem with the patch, and it was something EA caught before it got released how come it didn't affect the 360 patch? Just curious...
Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #71
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan1993
I guess I do have a question, if there was a potential problem with the patch, and it was something EA caught before it got released how come it didn't affect the 360 patch? Just curious...
Probably because their online infrastructure is totally different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #72
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan1993
The problem was due to online games desynching. I'm sure the code is very different for what is handled over XBox Live vs. PSN which is why the patches are different and have different potential errors.

Edit: Fishepa beat me to it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »