Home

ONLINE CHEEZERS!!!

This is a discussion on ONLINE CHEEZERS!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ONLINE CHEEZERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
haha Wow...as I was reading this thread, I was thinking, "wouldn't it be "funny" if you had replied and talked about what happened earlier".

Everyone, the person he is talking about playing online is me. He joined my online league and his first game was against me. He said he was a legit player and I told him to read my dynasty thread on this board so that he could read what I expect out of a player. He said that he was "cool with all of them". The main thing that I asked for is a "sim" style of play.

" i played this guy that had good coverage on my wr's n te but he left the rb WIDE open everytime."

That is a blatant lie and you know it.

For the record, I was Clemson and he was Oklahoma and we were using a modified version of RAZR and Wookie's rosters.

He ran the same four plays for the first quarter and a half or however long we played.

Here is the huge part that he left out: he ran 9-14 pass plays (I can't remember how many exactly) and on every single play except for possibly one, he threw to his in the flats. I could understand it a little better, if you had throw to your back every time on different routes.

The play that he is talking about is a 4 WR set pass play where he would have splits and he would drop back 10-12 yards and wait for his back to get a huge step on my MLB who was covering him in man defense. There wasn't a single play where he was left "wide open". Yes, he would get a decent amount of space, after dropping back 12-14 yards on some plays, and he would pick up 4-11 yards.

I didn't think anything of it because I was locking his WRs down. It wasn't until I started shutting this play down and he started running RB screens that I realized that he was making it a point to throw to his backs. He wasn't even looking at his receivers. I saw a few of them open, on the first few plays, but then I started blitzing CB's and he still threw to his backs every time.

Also, I was looking at his receivers and he wasn't trying different things to get them open, from what I could tell. It looked like everyone of these 4 WR set pass plays was the same exact play.

"he quit"

I quit to kick you out of the league. I would never do that, unless I had a great reason to. You are the first person that I've ever thrown out.

"n said i was cheesin"

I never said that you were "cheesn". I said that you don't know how to play.

"n that throwin to the rbs gay"

That is a blatant lie. I never said that.

"what am i suppose to do? the rb was wide open with 10-20 yards of open space ahead of him."

Once again, that is a blatant lie.
my 1st game was against rcdawgs not against u.

Murray (OU's rb) had 5 catches. and we didnt play 1 quarter and a half. u quit after i picked u off and started driving on u with 30 seconds left in 2nd quarter.

u never gave any warning. if u woulda said "yo can u stop doing that? i suck and dont know what play to pick to stop the rb from catchin the ball" i wouldve told u wat play and i woudlve stopped. im a fair player.

i threw 2 screen plays. 1 to murray 1 to 3rd string wr. 1 to my te and iglesias had 2 catches.

and no i did not drop back 12 yards every play nor half the time. i had to drop back far twice when ur dt or de broke in through the middle n i had to run back to do a dump off. wat u want me to do take a sack???

look as soon as the play starts i look at the right then left n then rb. noone was open at the time so my RB got the ball 5 times in the 1st half. u also forgot to mention how i was running all over u. murray had 80 yards on 10 carries.

he wasnt wide open?? are u stupid. murray had 5 catches for 70 yards. on 2 of them i sent all my wrs to the right n murray caught it n ran for 30 yards until 1 of ur db's caught him. wide open is when u got like open space ahead. cause whoever was covering was gettin burned bad. not my fault u dont know how to cover the RB

so maybe my wr's were open, u were blitzin and didnt have time to look back at my wr's. like i said once the play starts i look at the right, then left then rb. if ur blitzing i got probably 5 seconds to get rid of it. after the 2nd time i threw it to murray i noticed u kept doing the same thing, blitzing me and leaving the RB open so i took advantage of ur lack of common sense.

now dont get mad cause u couldnt stop me and i was gonna stomp u. n if u havent noticed in shotgun probably 50% of the plays that have a RB on it, the RB goes on a flat.

i ran my plays and found a route that for some reason u could not cover. i found ur weakness. wat u want me to do? not throw it to my open rb? u act like murray caught 10 passes in the half when he only caught 5. so stop crying online and trying to say i dont know how to play. because its pretty obvious that u have to be pretty damn stupid not to know how to cover the RB.

oh and u forgot to mention how u quit the 1st game because u were "laggin". i gave u the benefit of the doubt. if i wasnt a decent player i wouldve made u keep palying. but no i let u quit to restart. did u give me the same courtesy???? no.

i didnt even say ur name. i wasnt trying to put u on blast, but dont come out here trying to make me look bad. u r a terrible ncaa player. u remember my cb's dropped 2 int's and my lb dropped one int on ur only scoring drive. just admit it im better than u. its ok.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Ohhhhhh!!! Burn!!!!

Some people really don't know how to play and will make excuses for getting beat. I've gotten beat by avg players and great players and they cover well. That's how I get beat. They are smarter. I throw to the backs some but usually its when I can't find a WR. I hate the HB Screen and I think I've only tried it two or three times in my dynasty. My main two HB's have several receptions but it's either as a last option or if I see the D doesn't have a CB on that side of the field then I'll call a HB wheel route or what ever it's called to get them the ball. The majority of plays I call I check into something else due to the D.

I hate getting beat by the same plays over and over as much as the next guy but don't get mad if you are only confident in running a few plays and your opponent has you figured out. This dude you were playing needs to practice.
who r u talking to man? i think u got a lil mixed up. im the one that threw the ball to the rb 5 times in the 1st half. jason's the one that quit cause he couldnt cover it. and i was dominating.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Let me guess, you play defensively as a defensive lineman?

Playing as a DL handicaps anyone and everyone that decides to do so in a human vs. human game.

Stop HB Screen by playing as a FS and manually going and picking it off. I get a couple of picks every 10 games or so by reading screen and manually picking it off.
Yep. I play mostly as a DL then occasional as MLB or OLB on spy plays. Not disputing what you're saying but would it be safe to try to stop the screen with a DE? I guess i'd have to guess what side of the field and that would screw it up.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #20
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Yep. I play mostly as a DL then occasional as MLB or OLB on spy plays. Not disputing what you're saying but would it be safe to try to stop the screen with a DE? I guess i'd have to guess what side of the field and that would screw it up.
I don't know because I don't use DE's. Like I said "Using a DL for human vs. human games handicaps what you can do defensively."

99% of the time I hot route my DE's to contain. This slows HB screens down because of the wide angle they take. With that wide angle you have to wait for the DE to clear or the DE will bat the ball down. This gives me time to read screen and pick the pass off with my FS. If I know my FS can't get there I click off to a LB or DL close to the QB and will tackle the RB as soon as they touch the ball.

I rarely have trouble stopping HB screens. Those that usually run them are very predictable and don't look down field to throw to the WR's running routes. They also usually throw the HB screen even when you are standing right there waiting to pick it off.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #21
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I don't know because I don't use DE's. Like I said "Using a DL for human vs. human games handicaps what you can do defensively."

99% of the time I hot route my DE's to contain. This slows HB screens down because of the wide angle they take. With that wide angle you have to wait for the DE to clear or the DE will bat the ball down. This gives me time to read screen and pick the pass off with my FS. If I know my FS can't get there I click off to a LB or DL close to the QB and will tackle the RB as soon as they touch the ball.

I rarely have trouble stopping HB screens. Those that usually run them are very predictable and don't look down field to throw to the WR's running routes. They also usually throw the HB screen even when you are standing right there waiting to pick it off.
Cool. Thanks. I'll get to practicing on it. That play has been a thorn in my side on 3rd down when I had them pinned back. I've been looking at different Packages and the only hint I've gotten so far was to run a nickle or dime and put the LB's in a Flat Zone. I run mostly out of the 4-3 so that was awkward to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #22
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Cool. Thanks. I'll get to practicing on it. That play has been a thorn in my side on 3rd down when I had them pinned back. I've been looking at different Packages and the only hint I've gotten so far was to run a nickle or dime and put the LB's in a Flat Zone. I run mostly out of the 4-3 so that was awkward to me.
Try the 335.

I have used the 43 or 425 every year until this one. The 335 with 5 DB's on the field gives you enough speed to call any defense. You are really limited to what you can do with the 43 because blitzing does not work to stop the pass. With the 335 you can drop alot of guys into coverage to stop the pass and you still have the ability to stop the run.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #23
Rookie

if im farther to the left side of the field ill do the screen to the right so my rb has more room to run to get roun the corner. ive seen some ppl do the opposite but havent had as good results because they were unable to cut the corner.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #24
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peruvn
my 1st game was against rcdawgs not against u.

Murray (OU's rb) had 5 catches. and we didnt play 1 quarter and a half. u quit after i picked u off and started driving on u with 30 seconds left in 2nd quarter.

u never gave any warning. if u woulda said "yo can u stop doing that? i suck and dont know what play to pick to stop the rb from catchin the ball" i wouldve told u wat play and i woudlve stopped. im a fair player.

i threw 2 screen plays. 1 to murray 1 to 3rd string wr. 1 to my te and iglesias had 2 catches.

and no i did not drop back 12 yards every play nor half the time. i had to drop back far twice when ur dt or de broke in through the middle n i had to run back to do a dump off. wat u want me to do take a sack???

look as soon as the play starts i look at the right then left n then rb. noone was open at the time so my RB got the ball 5 times in the 1st half. u also forgot to mention how i was running all over u. murray had 80 yards on 10 carries.

he wasnt wide open?? are u stupid. murray had 5 catches for 70 yards. on 2 of them i sent all my wrs to the right n murray caught it n ran for 30 yards until 1 of ur db's caught him. wide open is when u got like open space ahead. cause whoever was covering was gettin burned bad. not my fault u dont know how to cover the RB

so maybe my wr's were open, u were blitzin and didnt have time to look back at my wr's. like i said once the play starts i look at the right, then left then rb. if ur blitzing i got probably 5 seconds to get rid of it. after the 2nd time i threw it to murray i noticed u kept doing the same thing, blitzing me and leaving the RB open so i took advantage of ur lack of common sense.

now dont get mad cause u couldnt stop me and i was gonna stomp u. n if u havent noticed in shotgun probably 50% of the plays that have a RB on it, the RB goes on a flat.

i ran my plays and found a route that for some reason u could not cover. i found ur weakness. wat u want me to do? not throw it to my open rb? u act like murray caught 10 passes in the half when he only caught 5. so stop crying online and trying to say i dont know how to play. because its pretty obvious that u have to be pretty damn stupid not to know how to cover the RB.

oh and u forgot to mention how u quit the 1st game because u were "laggin". i gave u the benefit of the doubt. if i wasnt a decent player i wouldve made u keep palying. but no i let u quit to restart. did u give me the same courtesy???? no.

i didnt even say ur name. i wasnt trying to put u on blast, but dont come out here trying to make me look bad. u r a terrible ncaa player. u remember my cb's dropped 2 int's and my lb dropped one int on ur only scoring drive. just admit it im better than u. its ok.
Your comment is full of lies, distortions and omissions.

"if i wasnt a decent player i wouldve made u keep palying. but no i let u quit to restart."

No, you wouldn't have made me or anyone do anything. You do not wield that kind of power. It is understood, in online leagues, that if someone is lagging at the beginning of a game, you start over.

"did u give me the same courtesy"

That has nothing to do with courtesy.

"oh and u forgot to mention how u quit the 1st game because u were "laggin". i gave u the benefit of the doubt."

haha You chose to kick off and I you said that we could restart. I did not ask. Also, the restart was after only 3 or 4 plays. Don't try to make it sound like I asked for a restart because of something that was happening in the game.

Last edited by Jason_19; 09-23-2008 at 06:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »