Home

Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

This is a discussion on Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

2004 is still my favorite, but 2007 is a very close second as far as last-gen goes.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

2008 is the best ever game if your looking for gameplay and playbooks...... it has everything the other ones have and a buttload more...... they took out some pointless stuff, but the playbooks are simply awesome... alll of them, you even have create a playbook by choosing all the formations you like

its so tight....i wsih that it was backwards compatable on 360 but its not....

i was so madd... but for reals in my opinion 08 is the best... but heck all the ncaa titles for the xbox are like 5 bucks each you can get all of em from 00 to 08 for the price of ncaa 09 for 360, which is a way better buy, although ncaa 09 is pretty tight, though not as tight as i had hoped
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
ill tell you that the best football game ever made is 09 on ps2. its amazing.
I don't doubt this one bit. But I can't go back to the grainey graphics on ps2 versus ncaa football 08 on the original box. And the clock running on out of bounds plays make dynasty mode unplayable for me.

Even NCAA Football 07 on PS2 / Original Xbox didn't have those bogus 2006 clock rules in the game.

As good as NCAA Football 07 is for Original Xbox, there is a nasty yardage bug on some change of possessions. I think it's like you get a turnover at the opponents 30 yard line, but the bug is that when you go on offense the ball is incorrectly spotted at your OWN 30 yard line. It doens't happen all the time, but it happened once and haven't played the game since. It was good because 08 on Original Xbox came out around the time that I found that bug and I haven't seen the bug on 08 yet.

08 on Original Xbox constantly amazes me.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I started a dynasty in '08 the other week and the momentum meter isn't as bad as I remember. I think I'm handling things differently when the CPU gets full momentum. I'm 7-1 in my PSU dynasty and the only game so far that it was really bad was against Notre Dame where I won 49-10 and crushed them in the second half (I think it was 17-10 at halftime). The CPU hasn't unleashed anything too bad on me yet.

Besides that the only issue is the pursuit angle and if I see that the CPU screwed up on an angle I just press the dive button and end the play. It's kept things very good so far, I'm having a ton of fun with the game. There is still too much offense but the D is better than '07, you'll be hard pressed to play a 6-minute quarter game in '07 and score less than 42 points with a Top 25 team.

As others have said, '04 is way too antiquated at this point. '06 is good but I see (saw) way too many dropped passes.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I can never play 08 again b/c of the horrible pursuit angles. 2004 does it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Last edited by TheShizNo1; 01-06-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #22
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Ha...I remember posting on here about dropped passed for the 05 version. Man, people would just flame me for not knowing how to manual catch. Looking back, it's so clear -- the pass catching was broken.

Just brought back memories...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Ha...I remember posting on here about dropped passed for the 05 version. Man, people would just flame me for not knowing how to manual catch. Looking back, it's so clear -- the pass catching was broken.

Just brought back memories...
If you let the CPU auto-catch, there was a drop passes problem on default sliders.

But if you manual catch, it was never a problem. I was always a manual catcher and still am.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:09 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Besides that the only issue is the pursuit angle and if I see that the CPU screwed up on an angle I just press the dive button and end the play. It's kept things very good so far, I'm having a ton of fun with the game.
I am happy you are enjoying this game, but I don't need to make rules like this. If you play on the right Heisman sliders, the game is pretty fair vs the CPU. You don't need to do stuff like dive when the CPU takes a bad angle. It's hard as hell, and if you don't score first you gotta be really careful to keep momentum on your side.

A lot of times on my heisman sliders the CPU scores first and i need to break big runs to keep it close going into half. It's not easy. I have to use WR screens and trick plays sometimes to stay close with the CPU.

With the 25 second clock, I used the sidelines a lot and extend games. This is my favorite part about the game. You can really do it in this game if you have a quick quarterback. Sometimes both teams can reach 50+ points when playing on 15 minute quarters, but that doesn't mean there is not defence. It just means there are a lot of possessions and fatigue and injuries play a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
There is still too much offense but the D is better than '07, you'll be hard pressed to play a 6-minute quarter game in '07 and score less than 42 points with a Top 25 team.
Are you playing on Heisman or All-American? Default sliders?

There is offensive potential, but as you correctly stated, you can do a lot more on defence. The defensive knockdown control, animations and collision detection on those is second to none in football video games. Sometimes to prevent big plays, you gotta control a particular secondary player and keep them far enough back to defend a long pass or an outside run. that's an important way to offset a CPU defender taking a bad pursuit angle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »