Home

OMT, can you answer this?

This is a discussion on OMT, can you answer this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: OMT, can you answer this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
I REFUSE to believe it takes some ungoldy amount of intelligence to get a couple people, put them in mo-cap suits, and have them run.

How hard can something like that be. EA acts like (in all the next gen games) that getting how someone runs right is hard or something. Good lord, MOCAP people.
Haha I know. I heard they are doing some new mocap technology or something this year though. Hopefully they can get running right. Something that always confused me was when after a play a player would stop running you know, that would look completely real. But the running motion he just came out of looked like he had a poll in his butt.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It's been 4 years and they still haven't figured it out? I don't even think they really tried. I mean in 4 years they should have been able to do something to where we could have a clone of that engine with better graphics. Switching to that engine would be one of the smartest things EA Football has ever done.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

You dont even have to look back that far....just look at vids from NCAA 08 and you'll see the players ran properly on there. They broke it in '09 for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #12
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
You dont even have to look back that far....just look at vids from NCAA 08 and you'll see the players ran properly on there. They broke it in '09 for some reason.
Are you kidding me? The players were worse in 08 than in 09
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't think the "engine" was much different... though the term "engine" gets thrown around way too often.

The reason why the last gen stuff plays better is because it has had 8 years of iteration ironing out the kinks. NCAA 09 was only the 3rd year for this generation.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I don't think the "engine" was much different... though the term "engine" gets thrown around way too often.

The reason why the last gen stuff plays better is because it has had 8 years of iteration ironing out the kinks. NCAA 09 was only the 3rd year for this generation.
This is true, however since the release of the next gen games the last gen games have pretty much been all stale. In fact it seems like I've been playing the same game since 06. So I mean there were minor changes here and there.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Well why is it that basically straight out of the gate, NCAA 2002 still moves more fluid in some ways than this game does currently?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Are you kidding me? The players were worse in 08 than in 09
The running animations are 10x's better in '08. Go look at the vids.

Now when players get in the open field, they start this weird hop-jump type of run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »