Home

Players Degression

This is a discussion on Players Degression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Players Degression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
However, they have hot streaks, I think it would be cool if they had cold streaks. The player's base attributes wouldn't be permanently damaged but if they play badly their temporary attributes will be reduced until they snap out of it. (And if they get benched, they stay in the cold streak.)
So why not just allow for premanent reduction if they preform poorly long enough?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Yes, but I think what he means if your a MAC or Sun Belt team that sucks then all your players will be bad and keep getting worse.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Yea i agree with this...Like this year Chase Daniel was highly rated (i think 97), but by season's end he was not performing at the rating he had.
Keep in mind, football players are not robots, and neither are video game players. Attributes are not the only reason for the success and failure of a player. I don't think the game should go too far in terms of adjusting attributes based on hot streaks and cold streaks.

Another approach to this would be to get rid of hot streaks, and instead expand the player composure feature. OMT mentioned in another thread, players still have a composure rating like was introduced in NCAA 06 or 07 or so, but you just don't see it anymore, and players always start out composed at the beginning of a game.
You could expand the feature by making the effects last beyond the one game. If a player has a bad game, they start out the next game with somewhat less composure. If a player gets benched, that could hurt their composure too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Yes, but I think what he means if your a MAC or Sun Belt team that sucks then all your players will be bad and keep getting worse.
It will be preformance based not record based. You should have the same number of people at Florida and USC as Idaho and Ohio(the bobcats)!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont really see how they can reward player for playing well but do nothing to the players that preform poorly.
Because if you degressed players that performed poorly, then the 2-star players that sign with Temple are going to start out bad as freshman and be even worse by the time they are seniors. That is bad.

ETA Potatoes beat me to it.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It will be preformance based not record based. You should have the same number of people at Florida and USC as Idaho and Ohio(the bobcats)!
You said the issue was doing something to players that perform poorly. If a team keeps losing, generally it's because their players performed poorly.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Keep in mind, football players are not robots, and neither are video game players. Attributes are not the only reason for the success and failure of a player. I don't think the game should go too far in terms of adjusting attributes based on hot streaks and cold streaks.

Another approach to this would be to get rid of hot streaks, and instead expand the player composure feature. OMT mentioned in another thread, players still have a composure rating like was introduced in NCAA 06 or 07 or so, but you just don't see it anymore, and players always start out composed at the beginning of a game.
You could expand the feature by making the effects last beyond the one game. If a player has a bad game, they start out the next game with somewhat less composure. If a player gets benched, that could hurt their composure too.
Good point! I would hope they wouldnt go overboard with this ,but mostly I would only want them to deal with the intangibles during the season(on the fense about THA). I dont think it should effect physical ratings +/- during the season. I hope thats something they change starting this year. Stuff like SPD ,THP ,ACC ,STR and AGL shouldnt change from week to week.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
You said the issue was doing something to players that perform poorly. If a team keeps losing, generally it's because their players performed poorly.
Not every player nessarily, you can have a great running game /QB play but you defense could suffer and cause you to lose, im kinda on the fence on this idea but its a step in the right direction.

reason i kinda like this is , if your a good user and u get a 3* team you can build it faster because you know how to play better than a person with a 6* team, hence your younger players/team would progress faster and help you compete at a higher level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »