Home

Facemasks

This is a discussion on Facemasks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Facemasks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't particularly care either. at least in '09 since you never really see them during gameplay. NCAA 10 seems to have closer up shots of the players in post play scenes, so maybe it might start to bother me?
the only thing that would bother me was if there were no face mask
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I'm really disappointed no screens have pointed to ANY equipment upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
mann new equipment would be soooo awesome, it would be like icing on the cake. this game is shaping up to be the best ever, and if they only limit us to the amount of player customization they had in 09, then i think alot of realism will be taken out of the game.
agree.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
the only thing that would bother me was if there were no face mask
Its not that we only care about face masks. Its the point that they hype their player models up and then stick helmet on these great player models, where the facemasks looks like a pelicans beak.

It throws the whole thing off.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

what irritates me the most about the facemasks is that i can count 5 of the top of my head that i have never seen players wear in games. I mean where did EA come up with the D-Line man full cage #1 with the bars like its a robot or the qb #2 revo face mask i believe, that has to be the most hideous facemask ever btw. The 2 bar jagged is one i have never seen in a game aswell. Every year for the past 3 yrs the first thing i do is look to see if they have added the percy facemask, and every year i come away dissapointed. Come on EA its the most popular facemask in college football right now! Hopefully its in 10, but it looks doubtful at the moment.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcreeper
am i the only one who doesnt care about facemask
I care about it when they finally nail gameplay down somewhat. But not until then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I care about it when they finally nail gameplay down somewhat. But not until then
Took longer than I thought for someone to say this...

EA really should make the art department focus solely on gameplay...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eritraj
Took longer than I thought for someone to say this...

EA really should make the art department focus solely on gameplay...
Yeah but look at the lengths of time to do these two things.

Fix helmets = They could have them fixed by this years game.

Fix Gameplay = As far as the glitches in the game go, this should and could be dont along with the helmets.

And as far as perfect gameplay with flawless logic and all goes. How can a guy like Ben H over at EA make a great game, when he gets beat by the computer on varsity. Anyone else see that?

It would take a few years to perfect gameplay. It would take no time to fix helmets.

And off the subject. I wonder if they will have the glitch fixed in this years game, where last year you would get a home loss and kill your home winning streak by losing a neutral or bowl game where you were designated as home team??
Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Yeah but look at the lengths of time to do these two things.

Fix helmets = They could have them fixed by this years game.

Fix Gameplay = As far as the glitches in the game go, this should and could be dont along with the helmets.

And as far as perfect gameplay with flawless logic and all goes. How can a guy like Ben H over at EA make a great game, when he gets beat by the computer on varsity. Anyone else see that?

It would take a few years to perfect gameplay. It would take no time to fix helmets.

And off the subject. I wonder if they will have the glitch fixed in this years game, where last year you would get a home loss and kill your home winning streak by losing a neutral or bowl game where you were designated as home team??
My comment was sarcastic...I am probably the biggest helmet/facemask advocate on this site. I just hate when people say stupid **** like, "Only work on gameplay that is the most important...Nothing should be added until gameplay is fixed." There is an art department for a reason...To work on things like facemasks, helmets and other equipment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »