Home

Why? (Short rant)

This is a discussion on Why? (Short rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why? (Short rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
I think alot of the negitivity comes from the fact that NCAA always is trying to add a gimick were Madden is looking more at gameplay. A true sports gamer will only be worried about 3 things playabilty,realism and graphics. NCAA wants to add things like Mascot games,team builder and season showdown, i'm sure 80% that play NCAA would rather have time and money spent on the first 3 things i mentioned and not gimicks. That is the main thing Madden has figured out and top of it there community interaction has done nothing but help the game. Hopefully NCAA see this and in the future uses this to there advantage. This is why people have a problem with NCAA.
Exactly. Gimicks are a waste of time. The only focus needs to be on those 3 points pointed out above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #42
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

My gut tells me that despite the inclusion of a couple of new features that many here(myself included) feel wasn't the best use of development time, that this is going to be by far the best playing version of NCAA ever.

I think that the disappointment over the many, many missteps that have occurred during the last few years, and the comparison to Maddens probable quantum leap in quality, will blind a lot of message board participants to how good the game really is.

I'm going to guess that the majority of NCAA purchasers, who aren't sweep up in the current chic stance of "NCAA is heading down the crapper", are going to think that N10 is a great game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
and the blocking is going to be better in Madden? you do realize that NCAA is getting the new OL/DL stuff as well. most of the game-play stuff Madden is getting(minus the 9-man gang tackles and fumble pile-up) are going to be in NCAA as well. Madden might be slightly tweak better since they have more time to tweak them.
I know they used Pro Tak for both games when it came to blocking. But from the videos I have seen NCAA's blocking is horrible compared to Madden.Int the Madden videos with Ian on IGN the DT doesn't run in unblocked every single play, whereas this is the case in the NCAA 10 new video.

In the new video the D lineman can just disengage and turn 180 degrees and get the easy sack, but he stays engaged and keeps trying to get around the offensive lineman, which would get him farther from the QB.

In the Madden blog they released a video where the D Lineman will release mid animation to get the sack or tackle. This doesn't appear to be the case in NCAA.

― Plato
Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 38

I`ll admit im hard on NCAA, but thats because i want them to do well.

Tough Love never hurt anybody
Old 05-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #45
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Agreed to a certain extent. The NCAA is a gimmick in itself. The BCS has made that clear. The NFL is more of a serious business so thats why I feel it is treates as such. The only gimmicky feature that NCAA has had that Madden didnt have or have a similar feature was Mascot Game
How about season showdown?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #46
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
I think alot of the negitivity comes from the fact that NCAA always is trying to add a gimick were Madden is looking more at gameplay. A true sports gamer will only be worried about 3 things playabilty,realism and graphics. NCAA wants to add things like Mascot games,team builder and season showdown, i'm sure 80% that play NCAA would rather have time and money spent on the first 3 things i mentioned and not gimicks. That is the main thing Madden has figured out and top of it there community interaction has done nothing but help the game. Hopefully NCAA see this and in the future uses this to there advantage. This is why people have a problem with NCAA.
The problem is, these games aren't geared toward just "true sports gamers" because there's not enough of them out there to sell several million copies. As you can see from the threads on the board, Teambuilder is a hit and a lot of people who were on the fence about the game are now looking forward to it. From a business perspective (which is the only one that matters to a profit-based company), that made it a smart decision for EA.

People keep saying the gameplay hasn't changed, the gameplay looks boring, fix the gameplay, yet not one of us has the game. Reminds me of that old Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns kept telling Don Mattingly to get rid of his non-existent sideburns.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #47
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

The negativity has become a drag lately. However, it hasn't ruined my excitement for the game. NCAA 10 in less than two months fellas!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Have to agree with this, I'm tired of seeing all the hate. Mostly is the fear that it will force devs to go elsewhere because they are fed up with the cry babies.
Really man? Really? Nobody is being a cry baby. As a 36 yr old gamer, I have seen some of the games that game companies play. A lot of gamers are fed up with EA less than stellar improvements to their football games. And quite frankly, alot of people feel like it was a ho move on EA's part to buy exclusive rights to madden and ncaa. That sentiment has been there for a while and EA has done nothing to get rid of that perception. Can they do it this year? We will see. I just dont think they will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »