Home

What's the Point of Pre-Ordering?

This is a discussion on What's the Point of Pre-Ordering? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: What's the Point of Pre-Ordering?

I don't know about the folks thats talking about "why get the game at midnight because I would rather sleep or would be too tired to play". But I get the game at midnight because Wal Mart is 5 minutes away, I don't go to sleep until late anyway, and I'm so hyped for football that I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway knowing people are playing the new NCAA... lol... so I get it at 12 and at about 12:15 am I'm back home playing. Its great working in the school system!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
I don't know about the folks thats talking about "why get the game at midnight because I would rather sleep or would be too tired to play". But I get the game at midnight because Wal Mart is 5 minutes away, I don't go to sleep until late anyway, and I'm so hyped for football that I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway knowing people are playing the new NCAA... lol... so I get it at 12 and at about 12:15 am I'm back home playing. Its great working in the school system!
I went to one midnight release and when I got home and played the game I started falling a sleep so I learned my lesson LOL. I will wait until morning so I have the stamina to play for a long time

I manage where I work so I will also schedule my self off July 14th and August 14th If the games live up to any where near where I am hoping they will than I will schedule my self a Vacation the next week

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I pre-order to get it at midnight usually.
There you go my friend. You took the words out of my mouth. thats why I preorder to get at the midnight release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 12:22 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 20

Why pre-order when you can go to Walmart.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #37
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I asked if I prepaid in full would I get any discount. NOPE.

No need in preordering in my opinion. Never a shortage plus you can wait to either rent or read reviews (forums etc) prior to buying game.

I see no benefit.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:31 AM   #38
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
I dont preorder at all. I have 3 Gamestops possibly 4(not that sure), 3 EB games and 3 Best Buys all within 45 minutes from me. So, I dont really need to. But I dont understand why anyone wouild go to a midnight release. I mean, does anyone really get the game at a midnight release, then go home and play the game? I dont know about anyone else, but I'd rather sleep, get the game in the morning/lunch time, and then play it.

Oh and I live 5 minutes away from 2 of the Gamestops and Best Buy. I also had a Circuit City within 5 minutes from me, until it went out of business.
Im in college and all nighters are not uncommon and I typically go to bed at like 5 am at the earliest so a midnight release is many hours of gameplay for me at least.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #39
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Nowadays, preordering is useless unless it's a midnight release. Then you have to ask yourself, can I wait 8-12 hours for the non-Gamestop stores to open so that you can get the game?

Back in the day when there weren't such tight rules on selling the game early, pre-ordering was great. You would preorder the game and get it 2 days before the release date. So unless they are offering you something extra, preordering is stupid. But then again, book stores also offer preordering on books and such so this preordering concept isnt just for video games.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I pre-order to get it at midnight usually.
Same here. I am not going to be around on release day this year, so I will not pre-order.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »