Home

Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal?

This is a discussion on Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #57
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Formation Subs - Really that big of a deal?

I know that Ohio State will play 3-4 running backs this season to make up for Beanie Well's production. This is something I won't be able to mirror because "there wasn't enough time."
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #58
stewaat

OVR:

It doesn't ruin the game for me but I would love to have it. Like many others have said, I'd like to control who is on my special team units.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Exactly right! Come on EA/Tiburon... get the egg off your face and make a madden-style formation subs patch for NCAA 10~ don't make us wait for 11
The problem I have with that logic is, teams are more and more putting WRs at QB to run draws in real life. Tennessee last season played WR Gerald Jones and DB Eric Berry at QB at different times, giving each a package of draws. Kentucky ended up putting WR Randall Cobb at QB for extended periods after their starter was injured.

I guess that makes the Tennessee and Kentucky coaching staffs cheesers? If it's happening in real life, then why is it wrong to do it in the game? What about when The Steelers used Antwan Randall-El at Qb in a package of draws and throws? What about the Wildcat packages that Miami and other used? I can't do that in Madden because of the restrictions, and that's silly.

The bottom line is, in real college and pro football, teams are using speed players at all positions, and we should be able to do the same in the game.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 7

I am absolutely BAFFLED that formation subs aren't in the game. I just don't get it, game that are close to 10 years old have them... Wasn't in 07, still bought it. 08, still bought it, 09 still bought it. 10, will NOT buy... Not only because of the absence of formation subs, but the NCAA team has made it quite clear that they do not care about us, only the "casual" gamer. This series has lost a customer that has bought every NCAA game since 2003. Time to go back to Madden, where they are at least making an effort to please real football fans.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRice16
The problem I have with that logic is, teams are more and more putting WRs at QB to run draws in real life. Tennessee last season played WR Gerald Jones and DB Eric Berry at QB at different times, giving each a package of draws. Kentucky ended up putting WR Randall Cobb at QB for extended periods after their starter was injured.

I guess that makes the Tennessee and Kentucky coaching staffs cheesers? If it's happening in real life, then why is it wrong to do it in the game? What about when The Steelers used Antwan Randall-El at Qb in a package of draws and throws? What about the Wildcat packages that Miami and other used? I can't do that in Madden because of the restrictions, and that's silly.

The bottom line is, in real college and pro football, teams are using speed players at all positions, and we should be able to do the same in the game.
I agree with this post %100!!! Formation subs is CREATIVITY. Its EA's fault if a WR being put at QB is UNSTOPPABLE. Defenders don't take wrong pursuit angles when facing a fast player and defenders don't chase a player running around in circles. Defenders are smarter than how the game portrays them, the defense always ADJUST TO THE PERSONNEL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #62
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

The thing that's so frustrating is that they know we want it. We bitch about it every year, and they somehow refuse to put them back in, even though they're in Madden.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #63
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Wish Formation subs were in....

but if they added this or something else the community wanted how could they brag about adding that item in year(s) to come.

Bottom line is they will never add more that a few things each year until the consoles life is almost up.

That way they can sell the game each year because they know people are gonna buy it no matter what. They won't change their way of doing things until we change our buying habits.

I don't like it but that is the way it is.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #64
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
I know that Ohio State will play 3-4 running backs this season to make up for Beanie Well's production. This is something I won't be able to mirror because "there wasn't enough time."
So is that hard to pause the game adjust the dept chart and use the packages?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »