Home

Cheesing

This is a discussion on Cheesing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Cheesing

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Luckily, Season Showdown will completely eliminate all the cheesing.
Nobody else detected the sarcasm in this post yet? There's going to be so much more cheesing with SS to get those credits. WTF is up with people and credits? I'll never get it.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Like I said I don't play NCAA online so I was just curious. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Nobody else detected the sarcasm in this post yet?
yeah that was a top notch post. rhombic 21 thanx for pointing out what you said about personnel groupings. thats something that i was annoyed by earlier but hadnt really thought about lately because i havent been playing the game. truly excellent point, knowing players natural positions for personnel groupings is vital info. that's something our children's children might be able to look forward to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

I didnt know that quarters show blitz was cheese! I feel bad now...DANG. That was my best d for guys that run 4-5 wide ALL GAME. Other stuff just didnt seem to work and even that had its flaws so I never woulda thought it was a cheesy d. i never made any position subs either. i havent played it in 2 months so it really doesnt matter anyway. im sim as can be.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I didnt know that quarters show blitz was cheese! I feel bad now...DANG. That was my best d for guys that run 4-5 wide ALL GAME. Other stuff just didnt seem to work and even that had its flaws so I never woulda thought it was a cheesy d. i never made any position subs either. i havent played it in 2 months so it really doesnt matter anyway. im sim as can be.
I may have misunderstood this but I thought it wasn't too bad unless you blitzed heavily from the 3-2-6. Someone let me know.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
The biggest issue with non-QBs at QB is that the game doesn't give you the players, it just gives you the offensive personnel. If you sub a non-QB position player in as the backup QB, and then use package subs to randomly put him in the game to run QB runs, the game displays it as the same personnel grouping that is used when the regular QB is out there. If you use one of the formations that is designed for a package sub with a non-QB player (such as wildcat), it will give you the correct personnel grouping. Generally, non-QB players do not have good enough throwing ratings to be a legitimate pass threat, but the problem is that since the defense never knows when they have been subbed into the game, 1)you can only make adjustments at the line, rather than calling plays in the huddle designed to stop the run and/or contain a scramble.

In reality though, most of the truly harcore cheesing doesn't involve that, or really even going for it on fourth down. It primarily involves taking mobile QBs and scrambling around in completely unrealistic ways after the ball is snapped, and using certain defensive formations/alignments (the quarters show blitz alignment in particular) that are unrealistically effective. It also involves abusing certain plays that are extremely over effective, 2)such as HB and WR screen passes, which are effectively impossible to defend consistently without making yourself completely vulnerable to virtually any other playcall. Other examples would be things such as putting a HB in at FB, and then running FB dives repeatedly (mixing in toss plays and passing plays).

I'm late to this convo but read that and had to point some things out. I know the formations are wrong on the screen and they should correct that.

1) You can do a quick audible to blitz all your linebackers. 4-3 cover 2 or 3 is a default audible unless you take it out. So if you audible to 4-3 then L1 and blitz all linebackers it's the same as an all-out blitz.

2) This is not cheesing I'm sorry. If I have 3 blockers to your 1 corner or linebacker, I'm suppose to have the odds in my favor.
This is football it's a chess match. You run plays to set up other plays. Is it cheesing to run up the gut until you bring all your players down then go playaction over the top?

Everyone has their own interpatation of what cheesing is and no one is wrong or right. But you cant call something cheesing just because you refuse to run the proper coverage to stop it.

Last edited by dghustla; 05-26-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334

Quarters is not cheesy D if the other person is running 4-5 wide sets. Truthfully I never really considered it cheesy if someone else ran this. I would just go I-formation and run right up their ***. pluse quarters only have about 2 different zone coverages and a few zone/man looks but most ppl only run the two zones. so it's easy to attack when you know where the holes are in the coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
My view on cheesing is anything that intentionally takes advantage of CPU AI tendencies/ mistakes. Examples.. DL slow? Cheese= drop qb back 15-20yds or roll to sideline at snap to buy extra time for receivers to separate.

I had a guy cheese one time by going no huddle from the start of the game.. That lasted only until i took the lead and stopped him on defense.

cheesing takes the fun out of the game because A: it's a form of cheating, B: it makes the game about cheesing and counter-cheesing and not about football.

I agree with everything you said, but going no huddle is not cheese. OU went no huddle for 50-60% of their snaps last season. If you have versitile personel it's to your advantage and gives you the ability to run multiple packages from 1 group players. I dont do this alot but in my dynasties i go no huddle with certain teams at least once or twice a game. it puts alot of pressure on the defense. depending on who i'm playing if they try to milk the clock on me i'll go no huddle to force tempo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »