Home

The Future of the NCAA Series.

This is a discussion on The Future of the NCAA Series. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #25
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Future of the NCAA Series.

I buy NCAA every year and haven't bought Madden since 05 or 06 but this year I'm definitely renting both before buying. Madden looks 5x better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 11

yep it's time for a change ...sorry Jeff your not getting the job done.

Last edited by Cdenz; 06-11-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #27
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

re: the thought that we, as a community, make up a small portion of the NCAA buying public...

I see this differently. Think of the impact our small community could have IF the folks making NCAA listened and used our ideas? Word of mouth would spread... this board would grow because new people would join with the thought that they too might have an impact on a future release.

In other words, it could only help the NCAA team to utilize this small community to their fullest. Yet to ignore many of the ideas... and let's be honest... how many of us were clamoring for anything resembling Season Showdown? To ignore many of the ideas is just absurd.

The diehards here that want as realistic a game as possible are the kind of force that NCAA should realize can be their greatest... and cheapest... advertising. If they listened to the community and added Custom Playbooks, Team Entrances, Better AI, Realistic Gameplay and on and on, then the community would be letting everyone who cares to listen know all about it.

NCAA gets a ton of free advertising and the game would become known as one that cares, listens, and implements their communities ideas. Team Builder is an excellent example of what I am talking about. 20,000 created teams in 3 days. Holy crap... the community wanted CAS, they provided it, and look at how huge that's been. Should this not be a clue as to what else could happen?

Companies that listen to their customers and actually pay attention to their wants are the ones who succeed. This is a simple business practice. It isn't hard to figure out. Hopefully the success of TB proves this fact to NCAA. The community has pointed out obvious flaws, but mostly they have done so in a very positive manner. A few tweaks here and there and TB would be perfect. Problem there solved. Now move on to the next thing.

No, this community should not be regarded as insignificant because we may be small. The community should be looked to as a tremendous way to forge a bond between maker and buyer and if done in that manner, the game would be even bigger than before, which would result in more sales, making the money guys happy in the end.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #28
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

What a great post. I agree 100% with everything you said. I hope someone at EA with some power to create change sees this and acts accordingly and responsibly.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #29
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Excellent post, Sums up every feeling I have for NCAA. The Community Interaction Ian, Phil, and the rest of the Madden guys have set the standard for Sports games. I said it last year before Ian and phil came to OS regulary that if Tiburon actually listened to OS, they would hav the best damn sports game ever made. Well its going to take an extra year but but I have not seen a annual game make such a one year leap like madden has.

So I think it is about time to make the same proposition to the NCAA Crew. Leave the creative ideas to us, you just implament them. If they actually listened to OS I gaurentee you that NCAA 11 would be the best NCAA ever.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 26

Good post man. I agree 100%
Old 06-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #31
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I think the NCAA team underestimate the appeal to a casual of a representation of what we see on Saturday!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #32
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Nicely Stated Born!

Your post should be required reading on OS.

Consumer empowerment is whats missing here..I think we buy EA product out of "habit" based on past quality..when that quality began to disappear, we kept buying..

Nice (Sobering ) thread..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »