Home

Best NCAA to date?

This is a discussion on Best NCAA to date? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Best NCAA to date?

Damn u guys. All of you that have praised 06 makes me feel stupid for selling my ps2. I would buy another ps2 but ultimately I don't know if its worth it for just 1 game.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #34
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

The automatic deep ball killed '06 for me. The problems others had with '07 were actually pluses for me...momentum made it much tougher to win big games on the road, best game in the series.

I was always a big fan of '04, but the cpu could not run the ball at all, so it's hard to put it at the top.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #35
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

To me the best measure of a video game is how many hours you waste playing it.

Based on this criteria NCAA 06 was the best ever. I played that game so much that I frequently worried about my Xbox1 overheating. I got 3 or 4 years into dynasties with 3 or 4 teams in addition to playing 10 or so seasons with CU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #36
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Damn u guys. All of you that have praised 06 makes me feel stupid for selling my ps2. I would buy another ps2 but ultimately I don't know if its worth it for just 1 game.
What console do you have? Xbox 360 can play NCAA 06 and PS3 can too if you have a backward-compatible model.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #37
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
The automatic deep ball killed '06 for me. The problems others had with '07 were actually pluses for me...momentum made it much tougher to win big games on the road, best game in the series.

I was always a big fan of '04, but the cpu could not run the ball at all, so it's hard to put it at the top.
Very good points. '07 fell a little short though due to the CPU making every single FG and PAT. Every single one of them. Plus, '07 took away the button kicking meter. Still ticks me off that EA uses this R-Stick garbage for the kicking meter. We should have two options.

'04 is very nostalgic for some reason. The lack of CPU playcalling with the run was bad, but in Dynasty mode you could sort of remedy it by coaching strategies/profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
To me the best measure of a video game is how many hours you waste playing it.

Based on this criteria NCAA 06 was the best ever. I played that game so much that I frequently worried about my Xbox1 overheating. I got 3 or 4 years into dynasties with 3 or 4 teams in addition to playing 10 or so seasons with CU.
I agree. It would be a tie between '04 and '06 for me as I played over 200 games in each of those. I used to wake up early in the morning to play '06 before my first born woke up. I was addicted to that sucker!

I hope NCAA10 wins my personal favorite this year. After playing the demo, I think it may be close. Who knows? Time will tell....
Old 06-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I would actually vote for '03 as that is the version that for me really made a jump from previous editions. I remember how cool it was that players wore patches in bowl games, and pride stickers were actually based upon performance. Tons of great details.

'04 was a great sequel. They didn't break anything (which seems to be a trademark of most sports games on this generation). They improved a few things and added some nice enhancements (Sports Illustrated & All Time teams if I recall).
Old 06-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #39
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
What console do you have? Xbox 360 can play NCAA 06 and PS3 can too if you have a backward-compatible model.
I have both a 360 and ps3 thats not BC. But some others here have mentioned that 06 runs very crappy on the 360 and isnt worth it. I also have a Wii which plays gamecube games flawlessly. I'll probably just buy 04 on gamecube even though I hate that damn controller, or maybe give in and buy a ps2 again.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #40
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Very good points. '07 fell a little short though due to the CPU making every single FG and PAT. Every single one of them. Plus, '07 took away the button kicking meter. Still ticks me off that EA uses this R-Stick garbage for the kicking meter. We should have two options.
'07 (old gen) also introduced Jump the Snap. Ugh!!

And unlike some other guys, I hated momentum. Most of my games were pretty much out of reach by the 2nd quarter (we me winning some and losing some). Really unfortunate, because I liked alot about that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »