Home

I'm out of the loop a bit. Has there been any changes to Dynasty?

This is a discussion on I'm out of the loop a bit. Has there been any changes to Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #41
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: I'm out of the loop a bit. Has there been any changes to Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think we just need to get back on topic.

here is a list of some things that have been added/changed/tweaked/fixed: (some of the links may not work now)

Dynasty Changes/Additions

- Custom Conferences
- ESPN Article About Custom Conferences - now you have the ability to swap any team from one conference with any team in another conference. OS Thread

*Added 4/9* Online/Offline dynasty updates - video showing some improvements that has been done to dynasty mode. OS Thread

*Added 4/30* NCAA Football 10: Dynasty Details - blog detailing some changes in dynasty mode. OS Thread

*Added 5/29* What's new in Dynasty(ESPN Article)

*last updated 5/14* some new/changed general dynasty info

General Changes

- new menus

- Sim Stats have been tuned

- player's "picture" have been changed pic

- WKU appears to be out of the Independent conference and in the Sunbelt like they should be for the 2009 season.

- still not able to be fired/hired in Online Dynasty. Source

*Added 5/14* - no conference invites in Online Dynasties. Source

- Poll logic has been improved. Source

- We revisited some of the simulation logic and now less teams are going undefeated. Source

Schedules Changes

- Additional Rotations for conferences that do not a true rotation (Pac-10 for example) now games will not be on the same date every year. For example Stanford - Cal will always be the last game of Pac-10 schedule but Stanford - Oregon will be different dates in future years of Dynasty.. Source 1 Source 2 Source 3

- all known future non-conference will be scheduled in the game. Source

- Big 12 schedule is now on a two year cycle. You play everyone in your division and then you play 3 teams from the other division for two years. In those two years you alternate between home and away. In years 3 and 4 it will switch to the other 3 teams in the other division (home and away). Source

- Big 10 will not have night games in November. This was a new rule put in this year. Source

- Arizona State always played Cal & Oregon State on the road in NCAA 09, this has been fixed. Source

- Big East Champ no longer tied to the Orange Bowl. Previously if you won the Big East you were forced to play in the Orange Bowl (unless playing for a National Title). Source

- BC and Georgia have been added as rivals for Clemson. FSU will remain as a rival as well to Clemson. Source

Recruiting/Player Changes

- player promises and players leaving bugs are fixed

- the call recruit screen has changed pic

- some recruits wont be available till off-season Russ explains

- you now can see how much interest is gained from each
"pitch"

- you can now recruit against another school, to lower the recruits interest in that school pic

- AI after filling all their needs will begin to target a specific position. In years past they would always go after QB's and FB's now in NCAA Football 10 the CPU will select different positions to attempt to add depth. Source

- CPU will be able to change players position when needed. example: if the backup RT is better than the starting LT, the CPU will change that RT backup to LT so he can start. the CPU posistion changes happens at the end of the off-season Source 1 Source 2

- Recruits will not come in as highly rated. Overall all recruits have been lowered in how high their Overall rating will be when they are created. Source Source 2 Source 3

- Recruits will take the quality of the school more into account when they are created. Location was too important when recruits were created in NCAA 09, going forward the quality of the school will be the most important factor. This also helps to slow down the growth of smaller schools when under CPU control. Source

- 40 times are more realistic - you will not see any recruits come in with a 4.19 time. Source

- work has been done to spread the recruits out between the varius positions. in '09 there were too many "skilled" position recruits Source

- ATH will now have more ratings to play different positions; the ratings have been redone to include attributes to make them true athletes. For example you'll find some ATH with Route Running and Man Coverage ratings that will allow you to place them at either WR or CB. Source

Progression

- With players coming in lower some stats will now progress faster. This also means ratings that did not progress in years past will now go up; for example Speed. Source

- Team Prestige is now a much bigger factor in Progression; the quality of your team will influence how fast your players gain attributes. Source

- Position Changes will no longer cause athletic attributes to go down (SPD, STR, ACC, etc.). When you move a player from WR to CB you will no longer see his speed drop. Source Source 2

I know there are more, i just haven't marked them down.

My biggest problem with NCAA 10 is there is little to no improvement in so many areas. It makes me ask what have they done with this cycle worth buying this game for?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #42
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I went looking for the various links....I should've just went straight to your thread.

Thanks, Solidice
And this. Thanks,Solidice.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Some of you guys are gluttons for punishment. Once you see that someone is going to troll incessantly, but unfortunately not in a way that violates the TOS, it time to use the drop down "Ignore" menu, so you don't have to deal with their BS.
But ignoring it doesn't make it go away. It implicitly makes it acceptable. And I'd rather not have to add a new name to my ignore list every time someone figures it's ok if they troll a thread because they've seen so many other people just trolling threads.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
And this. Thanks,Solidice.
I'll add to that, as well. Solidice really makes this forum a better place.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #45
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
But ignoring it doesn't make it go away. It implicitly makes it acceptable. And I'd rather not have to add a new name to my ignore list every time someone figures it's ok if they troll a thread because they've seen so many other people just trolling threads.
What does it matter to you how somebody else feels about this game and how they express it? Everybody weither they are posotive or negative are here because they care about this franchise.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
What does it matter to you how somebody else feels about this game and how they express it? Everybody weither they are posotive or negative are here because they care about this franchise.
I don't care what someone thinks about the game. I really don't. I have an odd taste in games, so I've got no issue if someone likes something different than I do.

As for how they express it, though, it matters because when opinions are expressed poorly, like a lot of people have been doing lately, it gets in the way of discussion. And this place is supposed to be for discussing the game.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #47
MVP

Anyway, I've said enough.

Born4corn, seriously, nothing personal, man. I'm not judging who you are just based on a few comments or anything, I just think a lot of people, including myself, could do better here more often.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 37

Need to add to that list that ice the kicker has been modified. The ice is gone but the pressure component remains. I have actually missed two chipshot field goals... although I don't know how or why...???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »