Home

Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

This is a discussion on Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #17
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Xbox over PS3 (New to NCAA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
I prefer the PS3 because the colors are too vibrant on the 360 jmo.

Here is a comparison

PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7E_oUB12w

Xbox 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEthRS-dImA
that is a terrible comparison because you are comparing a demo for the 360 which looks a million times better then the ps3 demo to a better build on the ps3

i have no doubt that the graphics will improve on both consoles ever so slightly for retail

but comapring a demo to a build that is most likely ahead of this demo is not a fair comparison

specially since i have both systems and the ps3 demo graphics are beyond pathetic
Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #18
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4

I wish that game companies would make the games for ps3 on a blu ray disc intead of a standard dvd. I think that this would clean up a lot of the jagged edges and color problems. I dont know though. I just know a movie on blu ray is way better than on dvd and it should work the same way for a game.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Yea it's not really a big deal anymore.I prefer the PS3 because of the controller,community,and it looks more realistic too me jmo.
Agreed!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

That Madden Titans vid looks sick. The camera flashes and exhale in the cold seemed overdone, but I was feeling that game. I was feeling it and NFL games don't really have the atmosphere college football games do. the crowd sounded good, the cut scenes were timely and the wire cam on the INT was badass.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 AM   #21
Rookie

gregballin24's Arena

OVR: 1

Being an owner of both systems I'm completely torn on what system to get NCAA or Madden on because of this graphics issue. By no means is the PS3 unplayable but the 360 just looks "better" for some reason. But at the same time I also enjoy using the PS3 controller for sports games much more than I do the 360. So my decision is gonna have to be do I go for the control advantage of PS3 or the visual advantage of 360....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

The issue is, like a lot of these yearly multi-platform games, they are developed on the 360 and then ported to the PS3. It makes sense from a financial and ease-of-transition standpoint, but in any other terms it is ludicrous.

The PS3 is superior in terms of both media capability and hardware (although I think the edge in hardware is mainly due to cell processing), and the blu-ray disks can hold far more data than a traditional DVD. As such, if you went from PS3-->360, you would likely have to cut down quite a bit of data. However, because of the differences, I believe there is a lot more you could do for the PS3 if they would actually take the time to use that extra power and space.

I think teams need to develop the PS3 independently. I realize it might be more time consuming, but it makes more sense in order to actually utilize its capabilities. Otherwise as it is now, we basically just get the leftovers from the 360.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

it will be ok for us ps3 users. We will be fine
Old 06-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmOU72
I wish that game companies would make the games for ps3 on a blu ray disc intead of a standard dvd. I think that this would clean up a lot of the jagged edges and color problems.
All PS3 games are published on Blu Ray, (well, except for the ones they distribute digitally over PSN). The jaggies and hard shadows, etc. don't have anything to do with the storage medium used, though. The reason that the NCAA and Madden engines run better on the 360 is simple: the 360 is the lead development platform for those games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »