Home

Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

This is a discussion on Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase
A good corner should be able to make this play. Granted I don't know how good the corner is in the video, but the wr has to slow down and make a 90 degree cut. The cb has already been beaten and doesn't have to slow down as much. Also, as previously mentioned, the cb doesn't have to make as sharp a cut, therefore he should be able to make up this ground on a short crossing route. If the cb is pressing and knows he's already been beaten, why wouldn't he try to undercut? He has safety help over the top and also the lb in the middle. This is the time cbs should be aggressive. When they have help!
I believe this to be true. I see nothing wrong with how the CB bracketted off the receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #26
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase
A good corner should be able to make this play. Granted I don't know how good the corner is in the video, but the wr has to slow down and make a 90 degree cut. The cb has already been beaten and doesn't have to slow down as much. Also, as previously mentioned, the cb doesn't have to make as sharp a cut, therefore he should be able to make up this ground on a short crossing route. If the cb is pressing and knows he's already been beaten, why wouldn't he try to undercut? He has safety help over the top and also the lb in the middle. This is the time cbs should be aggressive. When they have help!

no human being alive can make this play in real life. Check at the point where the CB is going from straight to the right....when he makes his 90 degree cut. Look at his legs....he is in the MIDDLE of going straight, but the game tells him the WR has made a cut, so mid- stride, while his right leg is still mid-air going forward, all of a sudden his right leg turns to the right and lands the cut.

it's a video game I know, but no one can make that play.....

laws of physics are broken here...

again, pay attention to the step where he makes the cut....he starts going forward with his right leg, and before that leg lands, it changes direction right away.

IMPOSSIBLE....

Last edited by phillyfan23; 07-15-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 34

yeah, this has been a staple for at least a decade on heisman and all madden difficulty
Old 07-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8

This totally ruined Madden 09 for me. WRs just continue on with their routes and NEVER break for the ball. However, the DB will always undercut your WR and fight for the ball. If the DB is anywhere near your pass, you are screwed as they actually go for the ball while your WR just goes into a catch animation and looks stupid.

Of course, the opposite applies when the CPU is on offense. Their WRs now aggressively go after the ball, while your CB will just stand there, litterally sometimes, and watch the WR catch the ball.

I stopped playing Madden because the only passes that work are out routes and deep bombs when you have a super fast guy in one on one coverage.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 11

Clearly people are missing the OP's point. I'm seeing posts of people trying to explain or "defend" the poor game mechanics. No the CB shouldn't follow the route in the same area that the WR ran. The undercutting on the route is in fact fine. It's the fact that the receiver and the defender both are running upfield and one plants and turns, while the other simply turns on the drop of a dime with no limitation to his movements. This is piss poor bad! I don't have this game and I will take my time to get it. So to all others, see if you can make more vids on more routes. OP, if you can, make a vid where the defense is in coverage as oppose to man and see how a defender reacts to the same route.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

The curl route is dead folks
Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 11

The funny thing about that vid, when the DB got beat from the jam attempt, he clearly shows the natural movement of getting beat, he plants to go upfield, like how all natural athletes would. But then it's all downhill in terms of natural movement after that. The DB should be able to plant and cut the same way and still undercut the route. His awareness and coverage rating should measure how fast he is able to recover or even undercut the route naturally.

What a joke EA football games are!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
Clearly people are missing the OP's point. I'm seeing posts of people trying to explain or "defend" the poor game mechanics. No the CB shouldn't follow the route in the same area that the WR ran. The undercutting on the route is in fact fine. It's the fact that the receiver and the defender both are running upfield and one plants and turns, while the other simply turns on the drop of a dime with no limitation to his movements. This is piss poor bad! I don't have this game and I will take my time to get it. So to all others, see if you can make more vids on more routes. OP, if you can, make a vid where the defense is in coverage as oppose to man and see how a defender reacts to the same route.

I see nothing wrong with that clip.

Remember that the receiver has to have a specific animation for that particular route therefore the game has his planting the feet then cutting.

The corner has to react to the break and therefore does not have a route specific animation.

I am not sure if those can be put into a defensive player but then again it is much harder to do because it will have to be a ton of different animations just for the corner based on what the receiver does

With the receiver, EA already knows the route he will take therefore is a single plant animation.

We have to remember that it is a video game afterall

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »