Home

RTG is garbage?

This is a discussion on RTG is garbage? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: RTG is garbage?

I made a 5 star rtg runningback at and went to Notre Dame, I found it to be really fun when taken for what it's worth. I didn't really see the warping and didn't have problems with screens. Maybe you should just practice screens more to get better.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

I love RTG try taking it off the newb level and you will be amazed how well it works. You can also adjust sliders in RTG to make it play however you want other than the play calling.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #19
Rookie

henrynick66's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
I couldn't get my auto named rosters to carry over to RTG AFTER the high school championship

I was the only named guy in the world lol

If I add myself as a player into the rosters and then choose an existing toon for RTG I don't get the cool new stuff with Erin big hair Andrews

Lame lol

Anyway to auto name the rosters AFTER you sign with a school? I did the auto naming BEFORE and it worked for HS but not College

The trick to that is:

Play your high school career and accept your scholarship. Once in the RTG mode right down your ratings and exit the RTG mode. Re-load the roster file you desire (i.e. if you have a roster file of named players load it). Go to create a player and create your RTG guy. Then start a new RTG and use an existing player. Now pick the guy you just created as your RTG player.

Once rosters have been named, if you want to play as a created player with real rosters, this is the BS you must go through to start with a default set of rosters.

It may seem like a pain but this is how I did it in 2009.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #20
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

didn't like in 06 don't like it 4 years later.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrynick66
The trick to that is:

Play your high school career and accept your scholarship. Once in the RTG mode right down your ratings and exit the RTG mode. Re-load the roster file you desire (i.e. if you have a roster file of named players load it). Go to create a player and create your RTG guy. Then start a new RTG and use an existing player. Now pick the guy you just created as your RTG player.

Once rosters have been named, if you want to play as a created player with real rosters, this is the BS you must go through to start with a default set of rosters.

It may seem like a pain but this is how I did it in 2009.
Only problem with that is you don't get the Erin Andrews stuff(assuming the first report only though..could be all of it) doing it that way. At least that's what EA has said.

Anyways I also set ground rules up so that I don't start right away or too soon (just to make it a tad more realistic)
As a Freshman I only practice once a month and once a month do the Library evening event(to keep grades up)
Soph and JR I'm doing 2 a month. Still testing it as depending on which position the practices are - some I can advnace quicker that others.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvyfranchise44
I was wondering if anybody knows if you can pick what uni's you wear for each game, and if you can't does the computer pick alternate ones during the season. I'm playing with UNC and I was hoping to rock the new blue pants and stuff, I really don't want to be stuck with the same home and away for every game for four years.
No you can't change the uni's once again...

I have 2 gripes with RTG:

1.) I created my guy as a QB and while playing I can't run a no huddle offense..I lost a game cause I couldn't call a no huddle with 10 secs left and no timeouts

2.) I'm playing on heisman difficulty and for some reason no matter if the DE is a 70 or 98 they run right around Tackle. The Tackle just stands there in blocking position doing nothing...So i'm either sacked or an incomplete pass..sometimes i'm able to get the pass off...but this just ridiculous to have my 93 rated Tackle stand there and do nothing while the 70 rated DE blows right by him..
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike23EA
List of reasons why:

1. Took 5 * recruit to Ohio State cause we are a traditional running team...oh but not in NCAA 10....ive had games where i get 9 carries. What is that junk?

I chose to be a power back, 5* and I am consistently getting at least 15 carries in the Ohio St offense. But I am amazed at how despite being a 6'1 220 lb power back, I hardly see any carries near the goal line! I'm averaging ~100+ yds, 1 TD on ~20+ carries a game on AA (default sliders). I like the stats so far.

2. The play calling is attrocious to say the least...in the 4th quarter we are up by 3 TD's and the computer is still calling 4 vertical. Speaking of 4 vertical it seems the computer also loves to keep picking this play over and over again. Not to mention calling 4 vertical from the 1 yard line instead of just punching it in!

This! I almost threw my controller at the wall when the CPU called that play four straight times up 17-0 in the third vs. Indiana! WTH?

3. The screen playes dont work...i dread seeing a HB screen play called. The option is a joke too, if the computer does pitch it your almost assured to lose yardage and when your wide open for a big gain he never pitches it.

I actually had some success by running the route myself and getting open quickly. Maybe it has to do with the QB's quick reads? But I've also had instances where I am clearly open, OL blockers in front of me w/ no defenders in sight and TP just looks and looks and takes a sack instead of throwing it to me.

4. The blocking is the worst i ahve ever seen...many times defenders warp off blocks to tackle you. Also i see the lineman in the second level blocking....that great except for they leave me to get gang tackled behind the line of scrimmage lol. The holes close up faster than melted butter dripping off a knife. I could go on and on about this subject its totaly broken.

Yeah, I hate the HB draws and SG runs, especially! But you should do quite well on stretch plays and dives, provided you lay off the turbo and use the R-stick when being tackled. I've found that using turbo+ R-stick during the tackle helped me gain a couple extra yards.

Another gripe: The CPU snapping the ball as soon as it gets to the LOS. For example, I can clearly see an overload blitz to one side, but I cant for the life of me get my QB to audible to let me run to the other side. And when I do manage to flip it the odd time, my OL gets called for holding, negating my 20 yard run.

I play my dynasty games on AA...why is varsity in RTG so screwed up? Not to mention its pretty sad with the screwed up blocking, the totaly redundant play calling...and the totally silly errors in the decision making. For a mode that is suppossed to be geared tward me i have never been so frustrated at NCAA untill i tried the RTG mode this year. Im sure things are a bit better in the higher difficulty but if i am getting nailed behind the LOS now i wont even bother with AA or Hiesman. Total garbage IMO...
I'm trying with a speed back now to see how the play calling changes, if at all. Despite its drawbacks, I think RTG is giving me more realistic stats than CL in 09 where I'd have 20+ rushing TDs as a freshman.

And why do I get points in practice only if I reach the 20 yd line? As a power back, breaking three tackles to gain 6 yds should count for something!

Last edited by theohiostbuckeye; 07-16-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: bolded my responses
Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thats why I only play as a QB for a season or two before im done with it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »