Home

Ahhhh Fumbles!!!!

This is a discussion on Ahhhh Fumbles!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Ahhhh Fumbles!!!!

now i have tried running the ball due to the passing game being improved this year where completions are not easy. But in my online game vs LSU (i was fsu this time) i was up by 7 and running the ball and fumbled! it wasn't even a hit stick i ran jermaine thomas right up the middle..I must have fumbled 3 times in this game...anyone else seeing an increase in turnovers? ponder threw 2 picks in the first half! The kid ends up tying the game and i drive down inside the 30 and am running out the clock to kick the gw fg...this kid offers a friendly quit! lol..i decline and all of a sudden i see "loading" in the corner...then "Connection to your opponent lost" lol...so i decide to game on and kick the fg which i proceed to hook wide left! (wtf fsu).. a little wind but that should have been automatic! I did end up winning in OT (3 of them!) but dang! this game seems harder then last year...maybe it's cause i'm still new with it...but tos are big in this game! I picked this guy for 6 with my SS by getting a hit on his QB and it deflecting into the air! does anyone else get the feeling the focus was on defense this year? cause i actually fell down by 2 scores and still ended up winning which was impossible almost in 09...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Ahhhh Fumbles!!!!

More than likely, the "Cheese Head" you were playing against was using Aggressive D all throughout the game.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

does that hurt him at all? cause this man was forcing some unreal turnovers...I use balanced cause i don't want to sell out and end up having my opponent bust one on me...what button is it to secure the ball? triangle?

NBA Live...I got this!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Firstly, if you're playing in an OD where people quit during the game because they're losing, you might want to consider a different dynasty.

Anywho... if you opponent is using aggressive stripping and/or you are using aggressive running, then you can fumble a lot. If you set running to conservative, it cuts down on the fumbling a lot.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
does that hurt him at all? cause this man was forcing some unreal turnovers...I use balanced cause i don't want to sell out and end up having my opponent bust one on me...what button is it to secure the ball? triangle?
If he had aggressive stripping on, then he should've been called for a lot of 15 yard facemask penalties (which is why I don't use it unless I have no choice).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

yeah he did get called for a bunch of face mask calls...I was like what the heck? just set my running to conservative? didn't last years game have a way to secure the ball? and if i lower my head and try the highlight stick will that help?

NBA Live...I got this!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

RB on 360 covers the ball up. When you run in traffic you are going to fumble at least once a game if you don't cover up.

BTW... J. Thomas is awesome. If you want to run the ball you can run all day with FSU's OL along with Thomas being impact. On offense use aggressive for Holding Blocks Longer, Impact Blocks, and Break Tackles. Use RB when hitting the hole to cover the ball up. After that you will bust some good runs. Played a guy last night and my first 3 plays were all TD's running the ball and he was USC.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
now i have tried running the ball due to the passing game being improved this year where completions are not easy. But in my online game vs LSU (i was fsu this time) i was up by 7 and running the ball and fumbled! it wasn't even a hit stick i ran jermaine thomas right up the middle..I must have fumbled 3 times in this game...anyone else seeing an increase in turnovers? ponder threw 2 picks in the first half! The kid ends up tying the game and i drive down inside the 30 and am running out the clock to kick the gw fg...this kid offers a friendly quit! lol..i decline and all of a sudden i see "loading" in the corner...then "Connection to your opponent lost" lol...so i decide to game on and kick the fg which i proceed to hook wide left! (wtf fsu).. a little wind but that should have been automatic! I did end up winning in OT (3 of them!) but dang! this game seems harder then last year...maybe it's cause i'm still new with it...but tos are big in this game! I picked this guy for 6 with my SS by getting a hit on his QB and it deflecting into the air! does anyone else get the feeling the focus was on defense this year? cause i actually fell down by 2 scores and still ended up winning which was impossible almost in 09...
im a fsu fan and in this game jermaine thomas has fumblitis really bad!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »