Home

strategy

This is a discussion on strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
strategy

with the season showdown thing, i think its cool, and really good idea, but some things i dont understand, like how to get strategy points...i like to think i have a pretty good idea of football strategy since i played for the last 6 year, but according to this game apparently i have no idea, since i've gotten like 10 strategy points after playing a whole season in my dynasty already. i see where sometimes its like "16% setup" and all this, and i run those plays, and usually they work pretty well, but i dont get any points. and i see how like ill run say a dive, and then a few plays later, or even sometimes the next play ill run is the play action that is the same motion as the dive, and it still doesnt really work. im just confused with this, can anyone help me out? thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrench
with the season showdown thing, i think its cool, and really good idea, but some things i dont understand, like how to get strategy points...i like to think i have a pretty good idea of football strategy since i played for the last 6 year, but according to this game apparently i have no idea, since i've gotten like 10 strategy points after playing a whole season in my dynasty already. i see where sometimes its like "16% setup" and all this, and i run those plays, and usually they work pretty well, but i dont get any points. and i see how like ill run say a dive, and then a few plays later, or even sometimes the next play ill run is the play action that is the same motion as the dive, and it still doesnt really work. im just confused with this, can anyone help me out? thanks!
You get strategy points when you use the Defensive Keys and guess the play properly.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
Rookie

then that would be the reason im not getting any, if you cant get them on offense, ha...what exactly is a "defensive key" on the game?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
then that would be the reason im not getting any, if you cant get them on offense, ha...what exactly is a "defensive key" on the game?
After breaking the huddle on defense hit the LT and then point the RS to the play you think the offense will run. Your choices are pass, Run left, run middle, and run right.

They are extremely helpful, they work properly, and I use them on just about every play.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Rookie

but if you pick say, run left, and they run right does everyone overrun the play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
but if you pick say, run left, and they run right does everyone overrun the play?
Pretty much. When I'm not sure what the offense will run, I don't use it.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

To get strategy points on offense you have to get that "16%" play all the way to 100% or "Setup".

― Plato
Old 07-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #8
Rookie

aight thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »