Home

The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

This is a discussion on The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: The Week 1 Sales Numbers Are In.....

The economy may have something to do with it in the fact that to the average gamer, this looks like the same game as last year. No need to spend the $60 on an impulse buy.

However, for NCAA fans and repeat buyers, the economy has nothing to do with it. Lets face it, for a sports gamer, a video game should be about the most economical form of entertainment out there. A good quality NCAA game would give you HUNDREDS of hours of quality entertainment for basically the same price as 1 sporting event ticket, a decent round of golf, or dinner for 2 at a place like Red Lobser, Outback or Olive Garden.

I am having a very hard time getting into this game this year. Its stale, its buggy, and it just doesn't have IT. No way would I recommend it to a friend. Hopefully a patch will change it, but there is something seriously wrong with this franchise and its been that way for a few years now. I said it before and I'll stand by it, it will be 2013 before we see a decent NCAA football game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

i shall be a tad more mature if i wish to stay here. ok. dad.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I said it before and I'll stand by it, it will be 2013 before we see a decent NCAA football game again.
That brings a tear to my eye because I agree. Unless they clean house in the Tiburon NCAA studios this will be the case. I once loved this Franchise. I now have a love hate relationship with it as many of you do as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
sales for pretty much everything have been down year over year. have you seen the console numbers lately?
Yearly console sales versus yearly game sales are not in the same league man. Its not like theres a new xbox every year. Of course numbers will go down every year for consoles. Im not buying a new xbox each year but ncaa and madden are different.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #29
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I chose Fight Night and am glad I did. I won't be buying NCAA for some time. I am a huge CFB fan and the fact I decided to get that to me says the quality should be better on NCAA 10.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

dude, UFC Undisputed is way better than fight night! have u played it yet?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #31
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Wait.. I thought video games were negatively correlated with the market?

It makes sense. Video games give you more bang for the entertainment buck. Instead of going out and spending $70 bucks for dinner and a movie, you buy Rock Band and entertain yourself onehundredfold.

I would say it's bad news for EA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24201083/
http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...868630,00.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #32
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a combo effect. The ones that think the game is flawed didn't buy. But the ones that would like the game but can't shell out the $60 + tax due to the economy have yet to buy.
EA will see it as the economy. The ones out there that have to choose between the game or food & gas for a week choose the latter. I would like to know the week two numbers and the numbers from the game stores like Gamestop on the resale numbers. This economy has taught us to not over pay and if you can get the game for $45 over $60 then its a no brainier.
I have no problem paying the $60 and I love the game so I bought it the day after release. I would say people have had to choose between NCAA & Madden verses buying both and they will wait on Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »