Home

KICKOFF RETURNS!!!

This is a discussion on KICKOFF RETURNS!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #9
Rookie

xgoredhawksx's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: KICKOFF RETURNS!!!

I'm not sure I've had the CPU return a kick or punt against me yet. I've played about 50% heisman and 50% AA. Are you guys kicking to the sideline or down the middle?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

set run block to about 60 and it doesn't matter where you kick it. You'll have 0 defenders left standing when they hit the blockers
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
set run block to about 60 and it doesn't matter where you kick it. You'll have 0 defenders left standing when they hit the blockers
That's why you can't raise run blocking above 50. At 50 or less it isn't a problem. Above 50 = problem on kick returns. The second patch is supposed to fix this apparently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's why you can't raise run blocking above 50. At 50 or less it isn't a problem. Above 50 = problem on kick returns. The second patch is supposed to fix this apparently.
This.

It's better than last year but this game has a bit of the same problem with AI sliders wherein even if you adjust something for the human only it still affects the CPU anyways and vice versa. It's wonky as hell in some instances.

You need to keep the RB ability and RB block slider at no higher than 50 for BOTH the CPU and the Human AI or both sides simply run the ball back way too much.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've had great success with the CPU running game with their run blocking up to 55. I'm all for having a CPU opponent that's a threat to run against me so this is definitely the way to go for me. The only hard part is remembering to supersim my kickoffs because if I don't the CPU will gain really big yards most of the time because of the slider.

For me, having to supersim kickoffs is absolutely worth it since it allows the CPU to run the ball decently.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I've had great success with the CPU running game with their run blocking up to 55. I'm all for having a CPU opponent that's a threat to run against me so this is definitely the way to go for me. The only hard part is remembering to supersim my kickoffs because if I don't the CPU will gain really big yards most of the time because of the slider.

For me, having to supersim kickoffs is absolutely worth it since it allows the CPU to run the ball decently.
But why not just leave cpu run block at 55 and drop human run defense to 45 instead? It would work the same way and not screw up the kickoffs.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But why not just leave cpu run block at 55 and drop human run defense to 45 instead? It would work the same way and not screw up the kickoffs.
Their run block is at 55. If you meant drop it to 50, I've had better success with raising their run blocking than lowering my run defense (which is also lowered).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Their run block is at 55. If you meant drop it to 50, I've had better success with raising their run blocking than lowering my run defense (which is also lowered).
OK. Didn't know they were a little screwed up this year like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »