Home

Would it be a good idea for NCAA to scrap the current game and start from scratch????

This is a discussion on Would it be a good idea for NCAA to scrap the current game and start from scratch???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Would it be a good idea for NCAA to scrap the current game and start from scratch????

I doubt they even think about doing it, but what do you guys think. The one game I remember going this route was the Triple Play/MVP franchise and it turned out to be excellent. I guess it would also have to be agreed upon with the Madden team since they primarily use the same engine, and with the overall success of Maden I don't see that happening. Regardless, I just wish the NCAA team would go back to the last gen NCAA games and see what they did right. I mean it's sickening to see how great other games are on this gen consoles and to see where NCAA/Madden are. Who would think that moving to a far superior console would result in significantly worse gameplay? Look at the NHL series. It took them a couple years and they figured it out. Why can't NCAA? Something needs to be done. WE NEED TO GET BACK TO THE LAST GEN GAMEPLAY (who would think we'd be saying that).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Would it be a good idea for NCAA to scrap the current game and start from scratch

All we will do is exchange a new set of bugs for an old set of bugs. More quality control seems to be the issue this year.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Would it be a good idea for NCAA to scrap the current game and start from scratch

I rather not see another NCAA '07 with basically no features, which would likely happen if they "started over". it would be best to just continue on with what they have and improve it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 08-25-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I rather not see another NCAA '07 with basically no features, which would likely happen if they "started over". it would be best to just continue on with what they have and improve it.
Agreed. '07 was boring as hell.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:

Let's hope that they can fix it. Every year there are major glitches and they seem to get worse and worse...

Last edited by JAYMO76; 08-26-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I agree. I think this game can be really good with some fixes.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Yes. They need to scrap it and start over. Release the game for 2012. Otherwise the game will continue to be garbage.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. I think this game can be really good with some fixes.
Child Please. All they have to do is focus one year on getting back to their roots of the PS2 version and quit with the stupid gimmicks and intentionally breaking stuff that worked before, mix in a little qc and they will have a winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »