Home

How do you complete a deep ball?

This is a discussion on How do you complete a deep ball? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
How do you complete a deep ball?

Seriously?

I'm not asking much but I will setup play action and try to go deep....nothing.

Randomly try to stretch D...nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? Cant get speration from DB and never can get the ball over the DB's head to lead reciever downfield for the bomb.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How do you complete a deep ball?

I have success with going deep when I throw alot of short to medium passes first. Once that midrange game is established use that pump fake and heave it. Alot of times you'll find a receiver all by himself because the corners bit. The other option is to recruit an insanely tall receiver and have him catch jump balls
Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

The easy way is to user catch, no matter what difficulty level. If you user catch you can throw the ratings out of the window.

Personally if I see 1-on-1 I will take a shot deep by throwing one up to my WR. I love throwing deep, >70% it is incomplete. This is just letting the CPU catch it. I usually lead the receiver deep.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I can't remember how this was in NCAA 10 but in every previous edition, you always had to lead a receiver deep and usually to the outside shoulder. Try leading the receiver with the d-pad instead of the analog stick as well - I think it works better.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

run the ball to set up the pass. Post patch more and more DB release to the outside so you should be able to have success. I threw 3 long TDs last night in my OD so it can be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Make sure you are trying to throw to single coverage as well, and utilize the pump fake.

I've gotten a few 40 yard passes out of the Ace 3WR formation by pump faking to the TE on a post and ensuring the safety stays short or in the middle and hoping my WR gets a step or 2 on DB.

I've been much happier with the deep ball in this game than I was in the last version I played (2008).

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

If you get separation, it is over. At first the CPU made me mad because I couldn't user swat like normal from 1 yard behind, then I thought, yeah that's how it should have been all along. If the WR has 1 yard and you you hit them in stride, its complete. The game finally plays the way it should.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I usually read the defense first, and than I try to have everybody else run slant routes that aren't deep, so it'll be 1 on 1. I make most of my catches that way, but I also manually catch the deep ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »