Home

Three More Little Things that would add to the Game

This is a discussion on Three More Little Things that would add to the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Three More Little Things that would add to the Game

Hmmm. It sounds like most of you have Corso telling you to go for it on 4th down most of the time. For me, Corso almost always tells me to punt/kick a FG. In my games, he brings up the play that I would've called anyway probably at least 80% of the time. I guess that's why I like the feature. If he was constantly bringing up the wrong play for 4th down I'd probably find it annoying too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavian
I'd like to see Squib kicking added back into the game. It was there in previous Gen, but in the next gen titles it has been sorely missed.

However the same canned Nessler recording of "They just may want to squib kick this thing, they don't want the kick returner to create lightning" is still there despite the fact that you cannot squib kick in the game.
I never played on the PS2. How is a squib kick different than just kicking it short yourself?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #18
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkavian
I'd like to see Squib kicking added back into the game.
That would be good.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #19
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerheaven
How about bringing coaches back? They used to show the coach on the sideline during some cut scenes. Maybe CPU coaches getting fired?
Now I for one would enjoy that feature. I guess I'm spoiled from playing too much College Hoops, but I like the Coach Carousel in that game, where CPU coaches get fired and assistant coaches can become head coaches. It's kind of annoying to see the same coaches with 30 year careers at one school and you're the only coach in the entire fictional NCAA universe that changes schools.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Ask Corso is pretty much the CPU playcalling. I think it uses the same/similar logic as the CPU when you play versus them. at least it looks like it's the same.
Exactly! The CPU only plays the down, yards to go and field position. The AI does not take the situation into consideration - i.e. the score, quarter, play clock, etc. That is why the game is always suggesting you go for it on 4th down or go for 2.

Also, I can't count how many times, in a close game, late in the 4th Qtr, the CPU has kept me in the game because it refuses to "chew the clock" until there is a minute or less in the game.

The CPU could get the ball ahead by 3, with 3:00 left in the game, and rather than running the ball and forcing me to burn my TO, the AI tries to drive down field. After a couple of incompletions, hell I am back in the game, with plenty of time on the clock.

I almost pulled out a win, from 17 down, against BYU because of the CPU's poor clock management skills. I ended up losing by 9.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #21
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

The Ask Corso popping up every time on 4th down annoys me too. If you actully do wanna fake it the other guy knows your going to because it takes a few extra seconds to back out of it and find the fake vs. just hitting X for punt. Also, it always defaults to the punt safe cover(or whatever it's called) and not regular punt. Do like the other guy above said and have the entire special tams pop up on 4th down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #22
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
Now I for one would enjoy that feature. I guess I'm spoiled from playing too much College Hoops, but I like the Coach Carousel in that game, where CPU coaches get fired and assistant coaches can become head coaches. It's kind of annoying to see the same coaches with 30 year careers at one school and you're the only coach in the entire fictional NCAA universe that changes schools.
I liked seeing the coaches too. I was looking forward to seeing Lane Kiffin on the sideline in this year's game, but they didn't put it in the game
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #23
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
I liked seeing the coaches too. I was looking forward to seeing Lane Kiffin on the sideline in this year's game, but they didn't put it in the game
And don't forget that the coaches and chain gang officials would be knocked down on almost every play.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4

Seeing the coaches on the sidelines again would be nice. I loved how when you were penalized in the previous gen, there would be an animation of the HC chewing out the official.

Refs with the chain gang need to be back in the game.

A nice feature for CAS the could implement would be custom stadiums like they have in Madden. You could choose our style, deck, field, colors and etc. It would be a vast improvement over selecting a generic stadium only or an existing one to modify.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »