Home

Can anyone help me with this?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help me with this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can anyone help me with this?

I'm dong a coach mode dynasty with Ohio State, but for the life of me cannot figure out why Pryor is throwing 30-40 times a game for 300 plus yards.

Saine gets about 15-18 carries. (Herron is hurt so Saine is starting)

I have the pass/run ratio set to 35

btw Pryor hardly ever runs. when they do call a rare option he usually pitches or gets hit for a short gain or loss.

I'm using the Ohio State playbook.

I did have aggression cranked up as I've usued that in games past but, mainly for a recruiting tool since I played the games it didnt take effect but now I sim or I watch the game (cpu vs cpu)

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Can anyone help me with this?

I don't have the game in front of me so I'm only going based off of what you wrote.

1. If it is indeed a pass/run ratio and not a run/pass ratio, then 35 would mean a lot more passes than runs (since pass is on the left). If it's a run/pass ratio, then 35 would mean a lot more runs (since run would then be on the left side).

2. If you want Pryor to run, then dump the aOSU playbook. I'm not sure if you've actually looked at the playbook or not, but it is clearly not designed around a running QB. If you want him to run, choose a different playbook. Some that come to mind are Florida, Miss. St, ECU, Auburn.

3. I know that the CPU option game sucks a$$ so I would guess that a coach mode CPU option game would suck equal amounts of a$$.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't have the game in front of me so I'm only going based off of what you wrote.

1. If it is indeed a pass/run ratio and not a run/pass ratio, then 35 would mean a lot more passes than runs (since pass is on the left). If it's a run/pass ratio, then 35 would mean a lot more runs (since run would then be on the left side).

2. If you want Pryor to run, then dump the aOSU playbook. I'm not sure if you've actually looked at the playbook or not, but it is clearly not designed around a running QB. If you want him to run, choose a different playbook. Some that come to mind are Florida, Miss. St, ECU, Auburn.

3. I know that the CPU option game sucks a$$ so I would guess that a coach mode CPU option game would suck equal amounts of a$$.
I appreciate the feedback.

It's actually a run/pass ratio I typed it wrong so they should be running more than they pass.

Not really particular about Pryor running except when he sits in the pocket and either throws it away or takes a sack when he clearly could've gotten a first down or score.

Guess if I want them to run more I should do actual CM and call the plays instead of cpu vs cpu.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Change your offense type to option run. and use a playbook that has some option plays in it.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman75
I appreciate the feedback.

It's actually a run/pass ratio I typed it wrong so they should be running more than they pass.

Not really particular about Pryor running except when he sits in the pocket and either throws it away or takes a sack when he clearly could've gotten a first down or score.

Guess if I want them to run more I should do actual CM and call the plays instead of cpu vs cpu.
The CPU will never scramble when it has the opportunity to. It's just how the game is.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »