Home

Florida Playbook

This is a discussion on Florida Playbook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Florida Playbook

Has anyone tried to take on this beast? I'm very attracted to it b/c i love the spread but i also love plays with motion built in, especially passing plays. My main concern is that it only has one formation from under center. I have found that running out of normal spread playbooks like mich/wvu, is very difficult this year and i need to be able to pound the ball when needed. Can i pound the ball with UF? Against heavy run commit users?

Id love to hear some feedback from anyone with experience using this playbook online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

Re: Florida Playbook

florida and miss st have similar playbooks, I love using them, a mobile qb and speed/power duo at rb really makes it go, there are some nice toss and motion iso run plays and planty of pass plays to soften the defense up. uf has a wishbone set in goaline that is deadly and msu has the ''wild dawg'' which is the wild cat spread, the better of the 2 IMO, it took me a few games to get used to them but that basically all I use online now
Old 10-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
florida and miss st have similar playbooks, I love using them, a mobile qb and speed/power duo at rb really makes it go, there are some nice toss and motion iso run plays and planty of pass plays to soften the defense up. uf has a wishbone set in goaline that is deadly and msu has the ''wild dawg'' which is the wild cat spread, the better of the 2 IMO, it took me a few games to get used to them but that basically all I use online now
What he said. I'm running an offline dynasty (I don't play online) and am using the Miss St playbook. With two impact HB's, this playbook is deadly, especially with the various packages (HB at slot, HB at QB, etc).
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll also chime in that I too love the MSU playbook (which is similar to, but better than the Florida pb IMO). Here are a few of the reasons why I like MSU's better.

1. I believe it has 1 more wing formation (which puts a FB or TE in the backfield) which makes running out of the gun better. Also the extra one (if it is indeed extra) is one where you've got a TE on the line and a FB in the backfield which is my favorite running formation in the pb.

2. It has a killer play action 4 verticals play which is the only one of its kind that I've seen and this play can be set up.

3. It has the wildcat spread which is an awesome formation (much better than the normal wildcat IMO). It's awesome for running the ball with 3 of the 4 running plays being good including a motion option play which isn't in the wildcat. On top of this, if you either have your QB back there or a HB that can throw, there's a nice PA pass (which doesn't rotate the camera around 90 degrees like the broken wildcat PA pass), a 4 verticals, and 2 other decent pass plays for when people tee off on the run.

4. It has a 4 verticals play that can be set up. I haven't seen another linked 4 verticals play in other playbooks.

5. It has other formations (at least 1 off the top of my head) besides the bulldog heavy and wild dog spread where you can put your HB behind the center to take the snap.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Tried it the other day and it was pretty good. Works really well with a team like Georgia Tech. I might use it in a Dynasty if I can get a fast enough FB/TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Tried it the other day and it was pretty good. Works really well with a team like Georgia Tech. I might use it in a Dynasty if I can get a fast enough FB/TE.
My biggest concern is if the running plays are predictable. I play mostly users and if the user can get an idea of where the run is going the run commit can destroy you in a hurry...
Old 10-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

most of the inside hand offs are predictable because the motion on the wing formations but their are linked pa passes off the same motion, and their are toss sweeps and qb powers to get you to the outside along with speed option, triple options which often use a wr as a pitch man and option passes that can really be effective if they sell out on the qb/pitch man. you definatly need a good duel threat qb good rbs and quick wrs, I run it with osu, sjsu,and a few others with pretty good success against users online

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »