Home

Coaching Drama.

This is a discussion on Coaching Drama. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Coaching Drama.

Hopefully with all this coaching drama these past few seasons the fine people @EA and NCAA dev. team understands that College football is a coach driven sport and this years game should reflect it. Coaches makes and breaks programs. There hasnt been a program no matter how prestigious that can over come bad coaches over a certain period. Likewise there is no program that cant have life injected into it with good coaches.

Im aware that this game is seriously lacking in gameplay advancement ,but if they do their due diligence and add the impacts of coaches you will atleast see it on the field. While bad coaches fail to make key adjustments good coaches will have already gameplanned towards your strenghts and/or will make the halftime adjustments to take(or atleast try) away your star player. Some coaches will play safe ball while other are more aggressive. Some staff will be masters of clock management while others make poor use of their timeouts.

Any fan of college football knows the life blood of any programs is recruiting. And this is where coaching staff win and lose and really are hired or fired. Some coaches just recruit better than others and this should have been in years ago.

With all the shifting and firing taking place coaches should be the direction for NCAA 11. New coaches come in new scheme. Which should have an impact on the type of player a coach should be recruiting. There has to be some method to recruiting because coaches as of now are bring in guys who dont fit their system. And more importantly coaches really dont have a system the school does. And hopefully that will lead to play calling to the strength of the players thats on the field. NCAA have some what succeed in differing elite programs from great, good, average, and poor. Now NCAA need to seperate the coaches as well.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coaching Drama.

Allow me to post the obligatory gameplay response:

The EA devs need to focus all their attention on gameplay, no one cares about anything but gameplay. Gameplay gameplay gameplay gameplay.

Now that we got that out of the way, I agree with you 100%.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

amboyboy's Arena

OVR: 2

AMEN!

Focusing more on the coaches will brighten up an otherwise old and stagnant dynasty mode.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to see offensive and defensive styles be COACHING SIGNATURES, instead of team signatures?

College Football revolves around coaches. Everything depends on it. A game based on college football should reflect that.

I also imagine designing a program for that in-game shouldn't be too hard, right?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Allow me to post the obligatory gameplay response:

The EA devs need to focus all their attention on gameplay, no one cares about anything but gameplay. Gameplay gameplay gameplay gameplay.

Now that we got that out of the way, I agree with you 100%.
nooooooooooooo, they need to make sure every single facemask are in the game, and only that!!!!11!!

----------------------------------------------

I just wish they could implement something similar to how the coaching carousel was in College Hoops 2k8 Legacy mode into NCAA Football 11. it would make Dynasty mode a lot better and more fun. it's really dumb to see "PSU coach" coaching until he is 140 years old.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Have coaches leave unexpectedly too like Meyer. That may be too hard, but lets get the same system as 2k8. Nothing like seeing Notre Dame fire their coach and then 3 recruits leave while their two guards decide to go pro.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Have coaches leave unexpectedly too like Meyer. That may be too hard, but lets get the same system as 2k8. Nothing like seeing Notre Dame fire their coach and then 3 recruits leave while their two guards decide to go pro.
It wouldn't be hard at all because it would be completely random. If I told you at the beginning of the season that Mike Leach, Mark Mangino and (possibly) Urban Meyer would not be coaching at their respective schools by the end of the year you would probaby suggest I lay off the drugs.

All they would need to do is code it similar to player transfers/early draft entrants, just to a much lesser extent. Ever so often, say once every few seasons, a coach of a very good school steps down/gets fired despite how well the school is doing.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

but knowing EA, they'll find someway to ruin it.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

Yeah an NCAA Football Legacy mode would be awesome. Starting out with a small team and working my way up to the powerhouses would give me some more motivation to pick the worst teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »