Home

NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

This is a discussion on NCAA Staff...how much pressure? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?
Brian Kelly at ND Pressure 56 54.37%
Some pressure but can still breathe easy 23 22.33%
No Pressure 24 23.30%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
What really ticks me off, is that I dont recall the NCAA Basketball devs getting on boards and asking if they should improve presentation! They just friggin did it because it should be in the game, especially if you have access to the ESPN every year.

Why ask for something that you already know the answer to? To me it just sounds like they're just trying to create a talking point on their NCAA blog, "You asked for presentation, we added it!"

What really ticks me off is them asking for stuff like "improved Bowl presentation, and team entrances." Oh wait, you mean the STANDARD stuff we had on PS2 8 years ago?????

In the words of Ochocinco, "Child Please" smh
So, so true.

I do think though that the NCAA team has a lot of pressure because the sales for NCAA FOOTBALL tanked for 10... low sles WILL translate to a loss of employment when times are tough. NCAA 11 isn't just a watershed year to restore this game to greatness, it's also ayear that may well determine the employment fate of the NCAA team. As it stands right now, I think NCAA Basketball 10 is the best EA game out there. I used to feel this way about NCAA FOOTBALL...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Actually you couldn't be more wrong. No competition didn't help David Ortiz at Madden keep his job. NCAA is losing customers and the reviews are getting worse or are stagnant. If the game does not get a face lift, the Reviews will still be negative and people like me will still wait until Madden to get a football fix.
I agree. Pressure is on to keep sales. And while competition isn't coming from a second college football game, it comes from every other game out there that takes your gaming dollars instead.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #27
Rookie

UF Fan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
So, so true.

I do think though that the NCAA team has a lot of pressure because the sales for NCAA FOOTBALL tanked for 10... low sles WILL translate to a loss of employment when times are tough. NCAA 11 isn't just a watershed year to restore this game to greatness, it's also ayear that may well determine the employment fate of the NCAA team. As it stands right now, I think NCAA Basketball 10 is the best EA game out there. I used to feel this way about NCAA FOOTBALL...
NCAA Basketball is a much improved franchise. What kind of bothers me is that although NCAAF is not a terrible game the difference in quality b/ it and say MLB the Show is disappointing

Last edited by UF Fan; 01-13-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #28
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
So, so true.

Wait.....are u telling me SEASON SHOWDOWN did not increase the sales? That has to be wrong. Season showdown is the best thing evvarr.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 19

There are a lot of different factors but in a way it's Economics 101. They have to find the right mix of features and gameplay fixes. When that is found, they can offset all the negative effects of the Great Recession, the big layoffs at Tiburon, the falling sales figures, and the Sam Keller lawsuit.

I went from being a Madden convert, to a fan of the NCAA series, to a realist. I wish EA wouldn't view NCAA as a Madden stepchild. It has its strengths. I just don't want its growth stunted, or for it to disappear. If EA can drop NASCAR, they can drop NCAA games down the road.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #30
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

I dont consider this a crappy game, but i also dont nit pick the hell out of this game. There are times when im like wtf? I think the staff is under no pressure or Bob Stoops type pressure at OU.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #31
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Icon14 Re: NCAA Staff...how much pressure?

Actually what's funny about this is NCAA was not a bad game.But guess what NCAA contract is over soon... 2k will realize there is a market for College football. And whatever the clc and 2k had in the past both sides will realize that if 2k can make college football, The fans will be clamoring or it. BackBreaker will satisfy for a little, but THe Ncaa was not impressed with the sales of the ncaa series. They Stand to make more Money when both companies make games. One of the most anticipated sports games will be NCAA 2k 11 or 12, and NFL 2k. EA as a whole sports division is in trouble, not just the NCAA staff. But they face the most pressure now because the agreement is over soon.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #32
Rookie

UF Fan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
Actually what's funny about this is NCAA was not a bad game.But guess what NCAA contract is over soon... 2k will realize there is a market for College football. And whatever the clc and 2k had in the past both sides will realize that if 2k can make college football, The fans will be clamoring or it. BackBreaker will satisfy for a little, but THe Ncaa was not impressed with the sales of the ncaa series. They Stand to make more Money when both companies make games. One of the most anticipated sports games will be NCAA 2k 11 or 12, and NFL 2k. EA as a whole sports division is in trouble, not just the NCAA staff. But they face the most pressure now because the agreement is over soon.
Ive always soured on the strategic advantages of exclusive licenses. They've always seemed like a counteractive solution. The grantee forks over an extraordinary amount of money to the granter when this capital could have been used to improve their own product line. The granter receives a allotted amount of money and forgoes greater gains that could have been obtained from sales via competition.

Last edited by UF Fan; 01-15-2010 at 04:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »