Home

It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implemented.

This is a discussion on It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implemented. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #25
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implement

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequick135
am i correct in understanding that you will have more than just the 6 or so plays to audible when you usually do a no huddle?
do you get your whole playbook to choose from when running the no huddle?
apparently teams will have full access to their playbook when during no-huddle. they haven't gone into details about it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #26
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the No Huddle offenses are implement

As I've mentioned in the past, the no huddle is probably the feature that I'm looking forward to the most. Michigan never huddles. They just get up to the line and get the plays signaled in from the sidelines. Even when they're subbing guys in and out they don't huddle.

In NCAA '11 I'm hoping that I can do all of that. I'm hoping that I can get to the line in a hurry and snap quickly if I want. I'm hoping that the D can't sub guys in unless I sub them in too (and likewise I hope that if I sub guys in, the D can sub in too). I'd love to set a fast pace with Forcier in the game like Michigan does and also set a lightning pace with Robinson in the game like Michigan too.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #27
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

With full playbooks available, I'm curious to know what happens when a team comes out with 5 WR, then no huddles and tries to run a Goaline play.

Will there be a penalty for trying to have all WR's play TE, FB, and HB? Will the ratings kick in properly and make this a terrible strategy? Or if it's not a hurry up no huddle, will we be able to sub players in and out properly?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #28
Rookie

GatorChomp1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
With full playbooks available, I'm curious to know what happens when a team comes out with 5 WR, then no huddles and tries to run a Goaline play.

Will there be a penalty for trying to have all WR's play TE, FB, and HB? Will the ratings kick in properly and make this a terrible strategy? Or if it's not a hurry up no huddle, will we be able to sub players in and out properly?
I would think/hope that they'd make so you could only call plays in the playbook that use the same personel as you already have on the field.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
why would there be a penalty?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
why would there be a penalty?
I think he is talking about in terms of ratings/performance and not an actual penalty by the refs.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 29

ah yes that makes sense, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
That's essentially what teams like Michigan do in real life. I really hope that I'm able to play in the game like the Wolverines do on the field.
That I understand. But when it comes to NCAA, the offense gets to the line far more quickly than they do in real life. I'm really more concerned with how it affects the user defense. Especially when you take into account how quickly the CPU snaps the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »