Home

Socks

This is a discussion on Socks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2
Socks

I know this is minor to most so I would appreciate if I wasnt bashed for this...

But, as someone who played college football, nobody wears ankle socks, aka the socks that are defaulted to 90% of the players in this game. So for NCAA 12 I would like to propose layered socks. First, there would be 5 different legnths of socks. The low we have now, the mid we have now, and two more legnths in between mid and high. I would also give the players and option of color for the socks. White, blacks, primary, and secondary. So players would look more like they do in real life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg billy-donovan1.jpg (74.0 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg ncf_g_jarrett4_195.jpg (20.8 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg spikesandd.jpg (40.6 KB, 265 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Socks

Cool if its added...But irrelevant in terms of gameplay...Purely cosmetic.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

short, medium, long thats all they need. Short comes just above the ankle like a normal sock, medium comes to about halfway up the calf, long is long.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I personally would like it if we had 20 different lengths for socks. 5 wouldn't give me the granularity that I require and 3 is way too few. With 20 different lengths (30 would be even better, but that's probably asking too much) I could customize my players the way that I want.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

mangler's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I personally would like it if we had 20 different lengths for socks. 5 wouldn't give me the granularity that I require and 3 is way too few. With 20 different lengths (30 would be even better, but that's probably asking too much) I could customize my players the way that I want.
I hope your talking 20 lenghts for the top layer and 20 lengths for the bottom layer. That would give us approx. 3,000,000 possible combinations of sock length (on each leg).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 29

all sock talk is irrelevant until they fix the glitch where everyone's socks switch to low after the first year of dynasty
Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
all sock talk is irrelevant until they fix the glitch where everyone's socks switch to low after the first year of dynasty
Agreed, that is super annoying considering very few players actually wear socks like that
Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

The new trailer has the lowish sock with the black ankle brace on top...just to where you can see a little white on top. Looks so sweet. I know alotta players that wear them like that. Wish someone could post a pic from the trailers. But I agree, all the minor accesories is gonna give each player so much more individuality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »