Home

No Huddle

This is a discussion on No Huddle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Rookie

dweintraub's Arena

OVR: 1
No Huddle

Sorry if this has been known already but, the new Game Informer says that you when running no huddle you have full access to your teams playbook while your team is returning to the line. I see this becoming a very annoying thing in online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: No Huddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweintraub
Sorry if this has been known already but, the new Game Informer says that you when running no huddle you have full access to your teams playbook while your team is returning to the line. I see this becoming a very annoying thing in online play.
Why exactly? I'm sure they'll have it set up in a way that will be efficient and not take up the whole screen. And... it's authentic. Everyone clamors for authenticity so why we would anyone be okay w/ only 5 plays to choose from?

I see this as a massive step forward.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

dweintraub's Arena

OVR: 1

Wouldn't it get old if you had to be in a hurry to pick your defense. I mean the offense could have there play picked before they get to the line, so then you have no idea what formation their in or what to expect. Maybe I'm over exaggerating it, but I see this becoming a pain when people do it for the whole game.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Wouldn't it get old if you had to be in a hurry to pick your defense. I mean the offense could have there play picked before they get to the line, so then you have no idea what formation their in or what to expect. Maybe I'm over exaggerating it, but I see this becoming a pain when people do it for the whole game.
I see your point. I don't play on-line... I may be getting in a OD or two this year and from what I can tell the people in them will be good, fair and realistic players. Yeah, what you're saying will probably happen. Just find some people that don't cheese and stick w/ them... that would be my advice.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Suck it up. Teams playing against no-huddle offenses have to deal with it so they should have to in the video game counterpart. Here's one tip though, if they change personnel to get into a different formation, you'll have the time necessary to get your personnel on the field. At least in theory. Your point becomes perfectly valid if EA screwed this part up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm sure that it'll be done in a way to not put the defense at a disadvantage and as a Michigan man, I'm thrilled that they put this in the game and I'll be no huddle for the entire game (just like Michigan).

Also, for the guy who mentioned that he doesn't play online, this will still affect you. Part of the 120 ways to win is that CPU teams will play like their real life counterparts, so if you're playing an offline dynasty game against Michigan or Missouri or Notre Dame, etc, they'll run the no huddle against you (which is awesome!).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx34
Suck it up. Teams playing against no-huddle offenses have to deal with it so they should have to in the video game counterpart. Here's one tip though, if they change personnel to get into a different formation, you'll have the time necessary to get your personnel on the field. At least in theory. Your point becomes perfectly valid if EA screwed this part up.
Very great point. How could EA let you switch personnel I have no idea though. Maybe like you can switch through your personnel packages while the O is coming up to the line? Really the only way you could do this I think.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Also, for the guy who mentioned that he doesn't play online, this will still affect you. Part of the 120 ways to win is that CPU teams will play like their real life counterparts, so if you're playing an offline dynasty game against Michigan or Missouri or Notre Dame, etc, they'll run the no huddle against you (which is awesome!).
I think you misunderstood me... I know the teams will be playing this way when it's their style, but I don't have to worry about the cheesing aspect of it, which may happen on-line. I agree this change is great, as I stated prior.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »