Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Offensive Styles - Spread Offense

feedthehorse28 - WTF is wrong with them breaking down football and showing how it works correctly in their upcoming game? IMO it's what we need more of, not less of... Some of you guys will find anything you can to call EA out. Sometimes its warranted but sometimes it just makes the person doing so look childish, unwarranted and desperate. IMO this is a case of the latter. Frankly your statement just comes off as EA bashing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #106
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
feedthehorse28 - WTF is wrong with them breaking down football and showing how it works correctly in their upcoming game? IMO it's what we need more of, not less of... Some of you guys will find anything you can to call EA out. Sometimes its warranted but sometimes it just makes the person doing so look childish, unwarranted and desperate. IMO this is a case of the latter. Frankly your statement just comes off as EA bashing.
theres nothing wrong with them breaking down the game of football and making it realistic, im all for that. id love for them to say "our game is the most realistic football simulation out there, here are some examples" and give us some side-by-side game videos with actual plays and how the game mirrors real life. in that context, im all for them talking football. but when you constantly talk about basic football strategy that should have been in the game in the first place and act like its a groundbreaking feature, thats where i draw the line. i understand that yes, the casual gamer isnt going to necessarily know what the zone read play is or who to read/how to run it and in that capacity the blogs/interviews facilitate their purpose of educating the casual gamer. but by talking about it in EVERY single interview, it comes off (to me at least) as insulting the hardcore fans intelligence. im not trying to bash ea (i think the game looks great and im very excited for the demo to drop) and im sorry if it comes off that way.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #107
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah, alright, I see what you mean. I just hesitate to criticize that because I love the fact they are showing it in the game. As I said, I want more, more, more of this for all sorts of plays. As for this should have been in years ago, I agree but let's try to look at it like a positive for this year, not a negative for past years..
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #108
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADAWGS24/7
someone's tampon is leaking
someones got jokes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #109
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthehorse28
i just think its really funny how theyre making such a huge deal about the zone read blocking scheme. i mean thats THE read, the entire play depends on it and theyre acting like before they implemented this the user didnt know that the end was supposed to be unblocked. its ridiculous, its like if they added the pulling guard to the counter after not having it in the game before and trying to pass it off like it was some cutting edge play. i understand you left it out in the previous games and now you fixed it , but theres no need to harp on it like youre changing the freakin game of football as we know it. sheesh.
I can guarantee you that there are a lot of people who play NCAA that don't know how the zone read is supposed to go. There was even a big you tube video where some guy was breaking down gameplay vids and was crying about how broken the blocking was because stupid *** EA forgot to block 1 of the defenders (the vid is linked on OS somewhere).

I think that one of the biggest flaws of the people on OS is that we think that we're a larger portion of EA's market than we really are. We all want a realistic game that simulates a real football game above all else. However, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that there are more kids out there who would love to win every game 100-10 while racking up ridiculous yards than there are people like us on OS. They put in things like mascot matchup and family play for a reason, and no, it isn't to appease the OS/Utopia crowd.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #110
Banned

feedthehorse28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I can guarantee you that there are a lot of people who play NCAA that don't know how the zone read is supposed to go. There was even a big you tube video where some guy was breaking down gameplay vids and was crying about how broken the blocking was because stupid *** EA forgot to block 1 of the defenders (the vid is linked on OS somewhere).

I think that one of the biggest flaws of the people on OS is that we think that we're a larger portion of EA's market than we really are. We all want a realistic game that simulates a real football game above all else. However, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that there are more kids out there who would love to win every game 100-10 while racking up ridiculous yards than there are people like us on OS. They put in things like mascot matchup and family play for a reason, and no, it isn't to appease the OS/Utopia crowd.
i cant say that i dont agree with you there. i fully acknowledge that EA is more in the business of making money than pleasing the 5-10% of their demographic that are sim gamers, but its frustrating to watch them cater to the casual crowd.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 AM   #111
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA football 11 spread offense blog 05-28-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
And you expect that logic to be placed in NCAA how?
???
The exact same way they placed the Oline assignments updating to defensive shifting.. Think before you jump to conclusions. If the outside corner is 5 yards off, the outside receiver blocks inside..
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »